4 door Jeep question

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Start by dropping about 35lbs out of the rear tires, fronts can probably come down a bit too. You've probably got 80lbs in there and that is NOT a soft ride. I know you mentioned hauling heavy equipment, but look at the load tables for your tires and go from there. Keep your truck, buy an inversion table.

WKB

Lil-Rokslider
I had a 2020 Jeep Gladiator. First thing I noticed when I got it was how small and cramped the inside was. I was used to 1/2 ton and larger trucks, and the Gladiator was significantly smaller. I am 5'9 and slim-ish, not a big guy. Ride was not smooth, pretty stiff suspension. I felt like the seats put me in a weird posture. I had to drive 4 hours one way to work twice a week, and I always had back pain and my legs would fall asleep. I got used to it over time. I put 36000 miles on that truck in 18 months. Sold it, and bought a GMT400 Suburban. Sooo much more comfortable, smooth, and quiet to drive.

Ive had one for years, a 2014 Sport. Mine is not uncomfortable but it has had a ton of work/modifications done to it. If you are looking for comfort though, there are better options. I've had totally stock ones as rentals and they are perfectly fine. Jeeps are vehicles you have to drive IMO. They don't track as well due to the solid axle, susceptible to bump steer and the inevitable death wobble if not maintained. We love ours but its the last vehicle we take if going on a trip other than hunting of course. You can buy softer shocks and lower the tire pressures and that helps, but I would be looking at something with at least IFS.

wrangler.jpg

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Jeeps are for having fun and enjoying getting into the outdoors. Few photos from 4th of July morning with my cousin where we saw desert big horn, mule deer, coues deer, coyote, and Javelina.

If you actually use the Jeep as intended they are high maintenance and need to be tinkered with constantly, but it’s part of what makes them fun!

They are not an overly comfortable daily driver but certainly aren’t “uncomfortable” in my opinion. Wouldn’t be my first choice as a reliable daily driver that’s for sure. But a wrangler rubicon with wheels/tires and minor suspension mods is an absolutely ridiculous off-road capable vehicle. Disconnect that electronic sway bar/lockers, lower the tire pressure and just watch it climb!

Attachments

• IMG_3378.jpeg
    IMG_3378.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3391.jpeg
    IMG_3391.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3417.jpeg
    IMG_3417.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3434.jpeg
    IMG_3434.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3450.jpeg
    IMG_3450.jpeg
    794.6 KB · Views: 14
Have one. Comfort is not what they're known for. Look at a 4 Runner. Have one of those as well.
I've got a 4Runner and a Gladiator myself. The 4Runner isn't holding up well though. It's a '20 with stock suspension and everything and it rides terrible, even compared to the lifted Gladiator

Also, FWIW, I have an AEV Dual Sport suspension on my Gladiator and it rides beautifully. I've owned several Jeeps with different lift (Rough Country, TeraFlex, SkyJacker) and the AEV hands down is the the best one I've dealt with for a daily driver that is also good off-road.

Maybe look to see if any manufacturer makes an aftermarket seat for your 3500. You'd only have to replace the driver seat.

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I drove a Gladiator a little over a month and hated it. I was thinking I would like to have one until work gave me that one. I spend as much time on dirt as I do pavement and I think the old beat up F150 I have is a smoother ride. I do have a 15 Tundra and a brand new F250 and both are pretty smooth, with the Toyota being a smoother ride.

Ive got a 1 ton DRW flat bed truck and a 2016 4 door jeep rubicon on 37's. While neither ride as nice as my a suburban the Jeep is way smoother on rough roads than my F350 is.

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re open to other options I’d suggest looking at an F250 Tremor. A lot of upgrades in the suspension system to the point where I’d even call it a bit “soft” on corners at freeway speeds. Get the king ranch package, the seats are amazing and actually have back and butt massagers in them, and are heated. Yep, it’s all unnecessary, and expensive but it sure is nice. My back is messed up but long trips in the F250 vs my 1500 GM work truck are night and day difference.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Could air down your tires a little and deal with the tpms light for awhile.

These new half and midsized trucks ride super smooth though