4 door Jeep question

Does Anyone drive one of the 4 door jeeps or Jeep gladiators. I currently drive a new Chevy 3500 single rear wheel. Unfortunately with my recent back surgery this thing is killing me. I can ride/drive in my wife’s suburban Just fine. I rode in my dads zr2 no problems. Something about my truck with in 10 mins my feet are on fire. Doctor says anything that agitates the damaged nerves try to keep to a minimal. So I was thinking about buying a Jeep to have around and I’ll have kids driving before I know it. would probably keep as their first vehicle. I’m going to test drive one just curious what people think of them in general. I was looking at 2022 Mojave Gladiator.

Rob5589

WKR
Couldn't imagine a one ton being a soft rider. Have you tried a seat pad? I've used one of the memory foam type and it helps with my sciatica. Pretty sure I got it off Amazon. Far cheaper than a new vehicle.

h2so4

WKR
Man, the jeeps are gonna beat you up compared to many other options. My f150 rides like a dream. I’d say get a comfy SUV before you get a jeep.
possibly related- sometimes my knees hurt in my truck, I think it’s due to the overall seat position- the drivers seat is like sitting in a big chair and I can keep my feet on the ground. In my Bmw 3 series, they are more straight out, as I’m closer to the floor in the seat. The seat is lower. This lower position does not hurt my knees. Also, the ride is very smooth.

OP
S
Couldn't imagine a one ton being a soft rider. Have you tried a seat pad? I've used one of the memory foam type and it helps with my sciatica. Pretty sure I got it off Amazon. Far cheaper than a new vehicle.
Yes sir. And your right. I ordered a purple pad yesterday. It comes in tomorrow. My main thoughts where the wife and I both where thinking a extra vehicle be nice. I have a 3500 because i move equipment and plant material for a living.
I also put 60-75k miles a year on my truck. A lot of that is us going to the farm each weekend. We thought a jeep be fun to have. Because i wont be driving much this year as much i wasn't in a hurry to look at getting one. However since it was irritating my back so much we thought we go look at them now. So i was just curious peoples thoughts on them.

To be clear this is a first world problem. If a jeep or maybe the new broncos arnt comfortable ill just drive my wifes suburban and she can drive my 3500. I wont be gimmped forever.

I would recommend trying a Ford F350 and see what you think. That is if you have to have a truck capable of carrying heavy payloads. This isn’t a dig/debate about brands here it’s simply the cushioning and comfort in Fords, in my opinion, is far far superior to any GM seat. We’ve owned 5 Suburbans, Yukons and Escalades over the last 13 years and their seat offerings have done nothing but get less comfortable. I have back issues as well, 4 bulging discs. I cannot ride in a newer GM vehicle for very long because of their seats. Suburbans, Trucks it’s all the same seat. I drive a Ford F250, and have for 16 years. Zero issues. I have no experience with a Dodge so I can’t comment on them.

BFR

WKR
Love my 2014 Rubicon JK 4 dr unlimited. It goes places I shouldn’t but always gets me back. Lots of highway mile back and forth from Montana to Vegas to Fort Worth and back too. That being said, I would never say it’s really all that comfortable, although not intolerable. But I don’t recommend it for back problems either.

dtrkyman

WKR
If you want a Jeep get a Grand Cherokee trail hawk. Quite capable and really comfortable.

WMag338

WKR
Can’t respond to jeep comfort, but I do drive a 2020 F350 crew cab and have had several Chevy silverados and wife has a suburban. I’m not a small fella and a GM seat absolutely hurts my ass to no end. When I started driving fords back in 2017, it was like sitting on my couch at home. Sooo much more comfortable. I have driven my current truck from coast to coast up to 1000 miles a day. No issues. I can’t drive my wife’s suburban or the 2015 Silverado I had to the mailbox without being miserable.

Weldor

WKR
I have a 2013 with a 2" lift and 33's, Had a failed back surgery 23 yrs ago, I know the pain your talking about. I drive a 18 Ram 2500 mega cab. Doesn't bother my back on long trips, That being said I owned 07 16 F250's crewcabs and they were good on the back also. The worst were the older Chevy's had 2 2500's , did not keep them long. The trucks were good driver's , but the seats were'nt. I drive the Oscar Mike everyday, It's no lincoln, but with the coils and good shocks it doable. I also live on a rough dirt road. Good luck with you recovery.

Rock-o

WKR
Overall, I think my 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon rides better than my 2011 F250 (crew cab, short bed, diesel, 4x4). Not much though.

can you rent one for a day? In test drives a tacoma felt fine but once i had it on a half day road trip my tendonitis in my knee flared up. My moms FJ never had that issue, my wifes 19 rav 4 the seat is fine but just the seat angle of the tacoma really put it under a lot of strain. Luckily it was a tacoma and I was able to trade it in for almost all my money back but it could have been a real expensive mistake. the captain chair style in the f150 and other half tons fits me a lot better.