3x9x42 Nightforce SHV vs Tract Toric 2.5x15x44

I only have experience with the 3-10x42 SHV, but I really like it. Mine has held up through a good bit of hard use, and I've never had trouble aiming at critters from 25 to 300 yards. Mine has the MOAR reticle, and I just wish NF offered the scope with a mil reticle, maybe with thicker stadia lines for easier sighting in poor light.

Fritz D

FNG
I only have experience with the 3-10x42 SHV, but I really like it. Mine has the MOAR reticle, and I just wish NF offered the scope with a mil reticle, maybe with thicker stadia lines for easier sighting in poor light.

The lack of reticle choices in the SHV has kept me from purchasing one, honestly. Offer a 3-10x42 in a mil-type reticle and I’m on it!😃

The lack of reticle choices in the SHV has kept me from purchasing one, honestly. Offer a 3-10x42 in a mil-type reticle and I’m on it!😃
I agree! The MOAR reticle is usable for my purposes but if NF made a 3-10 SHV with Maven's SHR-Mil reticle or something similar, I think that would be my ideal scope.

Fritz D

FNG
Not familiar with the Maven? I have an AR-10 with a Trijicon Credo 3-9x40 with a “mil square”reticle that is growing on me. I’m looking for a tough scope for a M85 Finnlight in 300 WM andI think that (apart from the reticle) the Baby SHV would be a perfect fit?
Suppose I ought to buy another Credo or an Accupoint and call it good. I’d just really like to try a Nightforce.