3x9x42 Nightforce SHV vs Tract Toric 2.5x15x44

I only have experience with the 3-10x42 SHV, but I really like it. Mine has held up through a good bit of hard use, and I've never had trouble aiming at critters from 25 to 300 yards. Mine has the MOAR reticle, and I just wish NF offered the scope with a mil reticle, maybe with thicker stadia lines for easier sighting in poor light.

Fritz D

FNG
I only have experience with the 3-10x42 SHV, but I really like it. Mine has the MOAR reticle, and I just wish NF offered the scope with a mil reticle, maybe with thicker stadia lines for easier sighting in poor light.

The lack of reticle choices in the SHV has kept me from purchasing one, honestly. Offer a 3-10x42 in a mil-type reticle and I’m on it!😃

The lack of reticle choices in the SHV has kept me from purchasing one, honestly. Offer a 3-10x42 in a mil-type reticle and I’m on it!😃
I agree! The MOAR reticle is usable for my purposes but if NF made a 3-10 SHV with Maven's SHR-Mil reticle or something similar, I think that would be my ideal scope.

Fritz D

FNG
Not familiar with the Maven? I have an AR-10 with a Trijicon Credo 3-9x40 with a “mil square”reticle that is growing on me. I’m looking for a tough scope for a M85 Finnlight in 300 WM andI think that (apart from the reticle) the Baby SHV would be a perfect fit?
Suppose I ought to buy another Credo or an Accupoint and call it good. I’d just really like to try a Nightforce.

Not familiar with the Maven? I have an AR-10 with a Trijicon Credo 3-9x40 with a “mil square”reticle that is growing on me. I’m looking for a tough scope for a M85 Finnlight in 300 WM andI think that (apart from the reticle) the Baby SHV would be a perfect fit?
Suppose I ought to buy another Credo or an Accupoint and call it good. I’d just really like to try a Nightforce.
I suspect you'd be happy with either the SHV or Trijicon. I have an Accupoint 3-9x40 as well, and I like it, though I find the Nightforce more forgiving in use. The SHV is a little more comfortable optically, though the NF reticle is quite fine compared to the mil square on the Trijicon. Both have taken some pretty hard drops (that SHV is on my mountain goat rifle and has met granite at speed). Price and weight both go in favor of the Accupoint tho.