<$350 Binos

I really don’t use binos that much. I currently have Vortex Diamondback 8x42’s. I’d like to go up to 10x and maybe go up in quality a little. Any suggestions on binos in the $350 range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
If you can stretch your budget to $392:
Athlon Cronus G2 10x42 UHD binoculars
I bought a pair on Amazon that were listed as "used" and they came in the original box that had never been opened. The box was a little beat up but everything inside was perfect. I upgraded from 10x Diamondbacks and am very happy with the Athlons.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-19 at 6.07.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-19 at 6.07.41 PM.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 18
Keep an eye out for the Cabelas branded non-hd “euro” 10x42 made by Meopta. Absolutely one of the finest binoculars ever made. They don’t say HD on them but I’ve compared them to several European optics and they give up nothing. Plus you can find them for under $400.

KenLee

WKR
I used M5 8x42 Nikons for years until I bought my 8x42 NL Pures. If I didn't live in a state we can shoot an hour before sunrise and hour after sunset, I'd still be using the Nikons. Lady friend uses them now.

MTHokie

FNG
Athlon. I recently did a test and release on Amazon on the Cronus G2 UHD 10x42s. I don't think you will do better in the $350 price range. I think they are on sale at a lot of places for $400 right now. Might be able to get them for $350 if you check with a Rokslide sponsor like @gr8fuldoug at cameraland. Another option would be the Burris Signature HDs. They are a little out of your price range, but if you are willing to stick with 8Xs, eurooptics.com has the 8x42s on sale for $289, which is a screamin' deal. I appreciate the "buy used binos" advice and agree with it, except for the fact that if you are trying to move up a notch in glass quality, usually guys are not willing to drop the price of used optics to the next lower pricepoint. As a general example, I have a hard time finding a used set of Vortex Razor HDs for anywhere near the same price as a set of on-sale Viper HDs.

semasko

FNG
Athlon Cronus for sure. You should be able to get them used or on sale for ~$350. The same could be found for Leupold BX-4 and Kowa BX. I've compared the older Japanese model Vipers to both of these models and both of them, but especially the Cronus blew them out of the water IMO. I'd try out the Leupolds and Vipers in a store (most Cabelas / Sportsmans Warehouse have them) to see how they fit your eyes first though.