2500 tires

CHMD

FNG
I have been driving nothing but CTD Rams since 2002. I also have had many of them in my company that different employees drive. I’ve been through many sets of factory firestones, Michelins, Cooper’s, continentals, nittos, bfg’s and I’m sure some others that aren’t coming to mind.

Here’s what I have found to be pretty much universally true. It depends on how the trucks are driven. They are heavy. If you don’t accelerate slowly, corner and brake conservatively, no tires will make it to 50k. if you tow heavy they wear even faster. That said, it’s possible with most of them if you drive like “grandpa”. Coincidentally, the guys at work that get above average fuel mileage can get a set of tires to 50k. The ones that get average fuel mileage can’t. My $.02.

jdmaxwell

WKR
On both my Duramax 2500 I have had Maxxis Buckshot and Buckshot 2.
Been great tire.

ToolMann

WKR
On my 17 Ram 2500 CTD I currently have Falkens. Been good. The factory tires lasted 16k. Put 35k-ish on some Coopers and now 30k on my Falkens. Will try to wait until fall, right before hunting season, before replacing. Will likely go Falken again. Had 8/32 at my last rotation a few weeks ago.

Afhunter1

WKR
I need tires too wanted Falkens that I had on last 2500 HD Duramax but gonna try a set of duratrac’s I got cheap first. Factory tires are at 35k right now and prob won’t make 40k.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I made the switch to Les Schwab’s Open Range SQM-3 LT285/75r17. I’ve got about 20k miles on them and they are doing great so far. Rotate them every 5k. My parents run the same tires on their 3500 and got around 50k on their last set.

I have been driving nothing but CTD Rams since 2002. I also have had many of them in my company that different employees drive. I’ve been through many sets of factory firestones, Michelins, Cooper’s, continentals, nittos, bfg’s and I’m sure some others that aren’t coming to mind.

Here’s what I have found to be pretty much universally true. It depends on how the trucks are driven. They are heavy. If you don’t accelerate slowly, corner and brake conservatively, no tires will make it to 50k. if you tow heavy they wear even faster. That said, it’s possible with most of them if you drive like “grandpa”. Coincidentally, the guys at work that get above average fuel mileage can get a set of tires to 50k. The ones that get average fuel mileage can’t. My $.02.
My wife says I drive like an old man 🤣🤣. That makes a ton of sense now…

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve run BFG ko’s/KO2’s for 20 years on the last couple 3/4 ton trucks I’ve had. On the second set on my current F250 power stroke, no complaints. I’ve always gotten 45-50k miles out of them; one set on a Chevy that didn’t do much heavy hauling got over 60k. Current truck is mostly highway, some hauling heaving loads. Reasonable amount of time off the blacktop. I know I go through a lot fewer tires than some other guys I know with similar trucks running various other A/T tires.

1675825021920.jpeg

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using Pathfinder A/T tires for the last few years. I drive a good amount. I had one set last 50K the rest have done about 45K. Towing heavy loads, lots of highway time, and a good amount of dirt/rough roads. Good price point as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive like a jackass in a truck with lots of extra steel.

Cooper AT3 xlt last well enough to keep me happy, and perform pretty well off pavement.

Boch5473

FNG
On my 08 2500 CTDand currently riding on the Nitto Ridge Grappler. It tows a horsetrailer 3x's a wk around 10,000 lbs. I've got close to 25,000 on them and wearing great. I've also got a 2020 2500 ctd that I've just ordered the same tires for it.

I’m running Kenda Klever R/T on my Ram 2500. Only have 7,500 on them but so far I’m happy. Thought about Falkens or Toyos but found a good deal on the Kenda’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
I've ran the stock size Toyo AT IIs on my 2015 F350 and it road like a Cadillac. I only got about 45k miles on them because I had alignment issue that I aloud to go unchecked for to long. Otherwise, I would have gotten another 10k. I'm running the Toyo AT IIIs now. I went up to the 35s with the higher capacity. The ride is a little rougher, but I still love these tires.

MD97756

FNG
I’ve had bfg’s, wrangler silent armor, and general AT on my dodge. I think the best I got was 45k on the bfg’s. The silent armors were awesome in the snow and ice, sucked cause I only got like 32k out of them. The general at is on it currently and doing good

JCOREGON

FNG
For those who have 2500 diesels. What tires do you prefer? I have worn out 2 sets so far. The stock Firestones (30k) and Toyo AT/2 295/70/18r (32k). The toyos were fine but wore out a lot faster than I expected. I have a 2017 Cummins Ram, mostly drive long trips on highway but also do about 2k miles a year on rough dirt roads. Are there any A/T tires that will get at least 50k miles before they are smoked?
I can tell you what not to get. My firestones were shot at 20k. Gonna try some Mickey Thompson Baja boss
AT next.

For those who have 2500 diesels. What tires do you prefer? I have worn out 2 sets so far. The stock Firestones (30k) and Toyo AT/2 295/70/18r (32k). The toyos were fine but wore out a lot faster than I expected. I have a 2017 Cummins Ram, mostly drive long trips on highway but also do about 2k miles a year on rough dirt roads. Are there any A/T tires that will get at least 50k miles before they are smoked?
Wrangler duratrac.

EdP

WKR
My 07 RAM 2500 Cummins came with Michelin highway tires. They lasted for 70,000 miles. I wanted something more aggressive in mud and snow and found a Michelin product that fit my needs. I replaced them with the same tire after running them for 88,000 miles because I had a hunting trip to Idaho planned. If not for that trip I would have run them for another 5,000 minimum. USA made in Columbia SC. Not cheap but you can't go wrong.

The nitto terra's (pictured) didn't last long. I have had great success with BFG/ATs.
I commute 1.5 hrs a day and pull a 6,000 camper often.Screenshot_20230404_164021_Instagram.jpg