2500 tires

I like to run duratracs on my 2015 ram 3500 with a manual transmission. Good for getting around in most of the time but harder on the mpg. I get 17 in the summer. Factory tires (Firestone?) I could get 20-22 but they were awful off of pavement. Like stick on wet grass bad.

P dog

FNG
On my Ford Excursion i ran BFG AT TKO's and loved them. On the 18 F-250 i have a summer set of coopers which only see pavement and then i switch to Goodyear Duratracs for winter. I love the the Goodyears for ice, snow and mud.

Bfg KO2. Use them on my 250 and Suburban. Get about 50k out of them at least. Quiet on the road, great off road traction, look good. What else can you ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madcalfe

WKR
I'm going on year 4 with my 37" Falken wild peaks AT3's granted I only use them for winter. so October- April. They have about 60% tread left but have logged about 60,000km
As for M/T tires on diesels I've found Toyo M/T's to be the best as long as you get the 10ply ones. I get around 65,000km on them. Nitto trail grapplers I averaged around 55,000km

fatbacks

WKR
I had BFG AT KO2's and maybe got 20k miles out of them with my GMC 2500 diesel. Towed a camper and Boat a lot during the summer.

Last edited:
For when you want to get serious

B F G

A/T

That’s what my diesel runs and that’s what I dress all my old Broncos in too

man I have never had a pair make it 30k on an 6.4 or 6.7 PSD. On wife’s suburban or lightweight truck lasted long time.

Afhunter1

WKR
Just curious what a ford 250 and dodge 2500 weigh?

My 2021 2500 Duramax has a curb weight of 8200#. I didn’t realize it was that heavy but after getting stuck in mud twice. I looked and didn’t realize it was that heavy.

Update, just hit 50k on some Falken AT3, I could easily get 10k more. Ram 2500, live in FL so hot climate, at least 10k of those miles were pulling a 10,000lbs trailer. I’ll be getting another set. I used to be die hard BFG but they never made it over 40k.

schmalzy

WKR
Update, just hit 50k on some Falken AT3, I could easily get 10k more. Ram 2500, live in FL so hot climate, at least 10k of those miles were pulling a 10,000lbs trailer. I’ll be getting another set. I used to be die hard BFG but they never made it over 40k.

Going to go this route on a gas 2500 Silverado.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
between my partner and i we have ran several sets of toyos, bfg’s, and nittos. he prefers the nittos and i the BFG’s. Both have held well

Have a 2015 Checy 3500 and on my second set of BFG KO2’s, got 50k out of the first set and 10k into the second set! Had them on my last two trucks prior to this truck and average around 50k.

So much depends on the conditions even the pavement conditions. I think Toyo m55s would get you 50k. They suck once snow/ice though and are expensive. Toyo at/rt seem to be all around good tires in my mind they won’t make it 50k though. Bfg at are not my cup of tea on a HD pickup they do well on pavement but destroyed in gravel. I went the Cooper at3 route with warranty for a couple years to save some coin. 3 sets in 2.5 years average life was 22k. Falken wild peaks have been good to me as their tread depth is deep but they chip pretty bad (heavy gravel use) I’ve had one set make 45k most around 35k.

Tires have gotten more expensive and quality has tanked.

Toyo at/rt seem to be all around good tires in my mind they won’t make it 50k though.

I don’t agree. I’m on my second set of Toyo tires, my first were MT’s (got a little over 55,000 miles out of them), and now I’m running RT’s, that I currently have over 60,000 miles. This is on a 3500 Dodge Cummins that weighs over 7,600 lbs. empty. I went ahead and studded them up last fall, hoping to just get through the winter, and then I purchased another set of new MT’s last year, in preparation for a change over this spring. Now, after seeing how much tread I still have left on these RT’s, I’m gonna go ahead and run them through the summer. If they last until October, I should have almost 70,000 on them.

Marshfly

WKR
Tread life depends on many factors, many of which are very personal to the vehicle owner. Highway use vs in town or dirt use. Aggressive driving vs chill. Weight of the particular vehicle day to day. Road quality (asphalt vs chip seal.) Etc.

Comparing two people's tire life is almost pointless.

These newer diesel trucks are so heavy and so much torque I don’t think they make a tire that is built to that kind of demand. I run a fleet of 15 diesel pickups and we average 30k miles on a set. We are running cooper at3’s right now because of pricing more than longevity claims.
How many miles are you getting from the Coopers? I’m about to swap from Toyo Open Country R/T.

Tread life depends on many factors, many of which are very personal to the vehicle owner. Highway use vs in town or dirt use. Aggressive driving vs chill. Weight of the particular vehicle day to day. Road quality (asphalt vs chip seal.) Etc.

Comparing two people's tire life is almost pointless.
Yeah, I need tires for my F250 and this thread is of no help. Every tire has one person that got crap life and someone else that got 50k out of them.

Yeah, I need tires for my F250 and this thread is of no help. Every tire has one person that got crap life and someone else that got 50k out of them.
Depends on the truck, location, and driving habits. Also towing factors in tire issues.

I'm at 60k on ko2's. Rotate and spinning every oil change. 16 GMC Duramax and towing

Ford F350 diesel. Cooper AT3s just changed them at 47k. That’s towing a 5th wheel and a couple trips to Colorado, iowa and New Mexico on shit roads thrown in there. I was impressed so just bought another set.