.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Taudisio

WKR
So from your understanding, is it just a profile difference, or materially different in composition?
I don’t have an amax, but far left is the eldm and next to it is a vmax. You can make your own conclusions.

Edited to fix my error, that was an eld-x before. I took another photo of the eldm vs the vmax.

Attachments

• IMG_4023.jpeg
    IMG_4023.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Luvda208

FNG
I don’t have an amax, but far left is the eldm and next to it is a vmax. You can make your own conclusions.
I have seen the 75 black sabre next to a 77 tmk and they look like identical jacket thicknesses, was not sure how they compared to the eldm.

Taudisio

WKR
I have seen the 75 black sabre next to a 77 tmk and they look like identical jacket thicknesses, was not sure how they compared to the eldm.
I don’t have any TMK’s I want to cut at the moment. I have a 75gr sabre cut and it is identical to the vmax except with a cannelure.

Dave0317

WKR
Have any of you noticed a difference in performance with the tipped vs hollow point Sierra Match King's?
Search for “match bullets” on rokslide. Lots of data points to read up on.

In summary though, the tipped bullets expand very reliably and consistently. Hollow point Match bullets sometimes perform well, and sometimes the tip gets closed or just doesn’t open and it just pencils through.

If you have a choice, use tipped on animals.

Have any of you noticed a difference in performance with the tipped vs hollow point Sierra Match King's?

Whatever it is, tmk always upset well. Maybe once below 1900fps I might have had a pencil through..

Whereas stories like Avery’s 230gr smk bull is pretty standard.

The meplat on a tmk is a lot larger then an smk

Pretty ez to file off tip of a 75gr eld a bit and run mags that allow a bit more coal in stanag confines. Or just go 73. Expect not a ton of penetration on eld-m 75gr at velocity above 2700. Deer still die tho