.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

80 grain ELDX. Mature bull moose. 523 yards. Roughly 2,180 impact velocity. Quartering slightly away. Moose was hit once, moved forward 20 feet behind some trees. Before I could shoot again he dropped (less than 5 seconds).

View attachment 763019

The “dreaded shoulder shot” with a “small bullet”…

Entrance.

View attachment 763015

Entered above shoulder bone and tore through lung. Sliced the bottom of the heart on the way through to the exit side lung. Broke two ribs and part of the scalpula before exiting. Both lungs were chunky mush and lung chunks on the ground and tree behind the moose where he was shot.

View attachment 763016

View attachment 763017

Two finger sized wound channel on the entrance side turned into a 4+ finger sized wound channel most of the way through the animal.

View attachment 763018
Congrats!!!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Congrats and thanks for the awesome pics! I just bought more of the 80gr ELDM's last week. I'd be interested in the load and rifle.
Thanks.

Factory Hornady 22 Creedmoor Precision Hunter ammo.

Factory Tikka rifle re-chambered to 22 Creed and factory Tikka 8 twist 22-250 barrel cut and threaded.

Rokstok, Maven RS1.2 scope, UM Tikka rings.

IMG_8629.jpeg

IMG_8630.jpeg

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
80 grain ELDX. Mature bull moose. 523 yards. Roughly 2,180 impact velocity. Quartering slightly away. Moose was hit once, moved forward 20 feet behind some trees. Before I could shoot again he dropped (less than 5 seconds).

View attachment 763019

Entrance.

View attachment 763015

Entered above shoulder bone and tore through lung. Sliced the bottom of the heart on the way through to the exit side lung. Broke two ribs and part of the scalpula before exiting. Both lungs were chunky mush and lung chunks on the ground and tree behind the moose where he was shot.

View attachment 763016

View attachment 763017

Two finger sized wound channel on the entrance side turned into a 4+ finger sized wound channel most of the way through the animal.

View attachment 763018
Great job, love seeing the 22CM doing what they do so well.

Thegman

WKR

View attachment 763019

Entrance.

View attachment 763015

View attachment 763016

View attachment 763017

View attachment 763018
Do you have any experience with 77TMKs to compare to the 80ELD-X performance? E.g. penetration and terminal performance along their path? Looks like they performed fantastically at that velocity, which would be within reach for a 223 as far as I typically shoot anyway.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Do you have any experience with 77TMKs to compare to the 80ELD-X performance? E.g. penetration and terminal performance along their path? Looks like they performed fantastically at that velocity, which would be within reach for a 223 as far as I typically shoot anyway.
This is my first big game season with .224 bullets. Results to follow here. Much more to come.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Thanks.

Factory Tikka rifle re-chambered to 22 Creed and factory Tikka 8 twist 22-250 barrel cut and threaded.

View attachment 763494

View attachment 763495
ES of 61 over 40 shots is beating a lot of peoples precious handloads out there, lol. 3137 out of a 19" barrel with factory ammo is impressive as well, I guess WA having a 24 cal restriction for big game actually just benefited my wallet for the time being because you're making me want one of those REALLY BAD :LOL: Fantastic job on the bull as well!! That shot placement was absolutely 🎯

Tbone26

FNG
Thanks.

Awesome, I am going to try some of the factory eldx and eldm. Did you try the ELDM also?

Are those low or medium UM Rings?

View attachment 763019

Entrance.

View attachment 763015

View attachment 763016

View attachment 763017

View attachment 763018
Solid