.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider

They’re out there, just have to narrow your search to the classifieds, check regularly and be quick to respond/PM.

Yeah and too I just ain’t paying more than retail because supply issues lol. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xsn10s

WKR

They’re out there, just have to narrow your search to the classifieds, check regularly and be quick to respond/PM.
Is $500 the going rate for one?

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
I was kinda also thinking a non dialing setup would be very reliable in the deer woods ?

ztc92

WKR
I was kinda also thinking a non dialing setup would be very reliable in the deer woods ?

Fair enough on not paying more than retail, though I agree with others that something so hard to get may fetch a premium price. I’m sorry to tell you, but if $500 is too much money, then a reliable scopes will be hard to find.

That said, perhaps start a thread in optics forum stating your budget, intended use and any other requirements or prior to that do a deep search as many have asked similar questions in the past.

Edit to add - Also read over the scope evaluations if you haven’t already done so:

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
Fair enough on not paying more than retail, though I agree with others that something so hard to get may fetch a premium price. I’m sorry to tell you, but if $500 is too much money, then a reliable scopes will be hard to find.

That said, perhaps start a thread in optics forum stating your budget, intended use and any other requirements or prior to that do a deep search as many have asked similar questions in the past.

Edit to add - Also read over the scope evaluations if you haven’t already done so:

$500 isn’t too much money. Just won’t pay 500 for a 300 scope haha. Thanks sir. I’ve checked those out.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
ed9de1ae2f03135c32ca9bb42ec6d6fd.jpg

I’m giving up for now on the nonexistent 6x SWFA. I need a scope. Since I limit myself to 400 yards. Is there a good scope option with hold over reticles and not dialing turrets that the RS crew recommends ? PFA

I have a Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x with the long range moa reticle that provides a hash mark every 1 moa for 20 moa on windage and elevation. For a set and forget scope, it works and give way more precision than a standard bdc reticle. They can be had for less than $200 if you look around.

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x with the long range moa reticle that provides a hash mark every 1 moa for 20 moa on windage and elevation. For a set and forget scope, it works and give way more precision than a standard bdc reticle. They can be had for less than $200 if you look around.

I like that setup. I’m leaning toward a hold over setup. Thanks brother

gbflyer

WKR
Haven’t ran over one with a Cat but I’ve got a couple Sightron STAC’s that have treated me very well.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
ed9de1ae2f03135c32ca9bb42ec6d6fd.jpg

I’m giving up for now on the nonexistent 6x SWFA. I need a scope. Since I limit myself to 400 yards. Is there a good scope option with hold over reticles and not dialing turrets that the RS crew recommends ? PFA

Of what is currently available in the sub $900 catogory, this is what I would choose-

That is a far better scope than any others that have been mentioned.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
That looks good but are there any FFP scopes under 1500.00 that have can be used at lower powers for older guys?

Of what is currently available in the sub $900 catogory, this is what I would choose-

That is a far better scope than any others that have been mentioned.
I’ve been looking at the SFP Trijicon Credo’s because of your testing and the SWFA 3-9 being tough to find. Do you have any information on whether the Sightron will hold zero? I didn’t see it in the list of tested scopes.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been looking at the SFP Trijicon Credo’s because of your testing and the SWFA 3-9 being tough to find. Do you have any information on whether the Sightron will hold zero? I didn’t see it in the list of tested scopes.
Kenko, who owns Sightron, is who makes the fixed power SWFA scopes. That bodes well for them…and the ExacTrack system is solid.