.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

I've got until Nov 10 until I have a reasonable chance to meaningfully contribute to this thread... so until then... Creedmoor Sports has the "American Bullet Company" 77gr tipped bullets back in stock.

SBR Sarge

FNG
For those of us who do not roll our own……

Open question, but mainly directed to @Formidilosus

I have a great load using the 75 ELDM, mv 2915 fps. Is the 77 TMK superior in performance to the point that I should abandon the ELDM and start over with the 77 TMK?

View attachment 618143

P

How important is accuracy at the range you intend to hunt? If you wanted to try the TMK and it gave you .3" larger groups, would it matter?

woods89

WKR
That 88 grain ELDM @ +2800 fps and the 75 grain ELDM @ +3000 fps sounds like money if it shows true like the 6 ARC did. A switch barrel 22 ARC/6 ARC would be all a man needed to hunt everything that I like to hunt.

Jay

I could see the 88 ELD-M factory loading contributing to the demise of a lot of animals. It's almost like Hornady reads Rokslide.........

.......unlike Sierra.......

I wouldn’t. Go kill stuff. 😁. IMO.

How important is accuracy at the range you intend to hunt? If you wanted to try the TMK and it gave you .3" larger groups, would it matter?

Crucial.

And no, an extra .3 wouldn’t matter.

I’m already where I need to be, is the 77 TMK that much better that I should switch?

P

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Crucial.

And no, an extra .3 wouldn’t matter.

I’m already where I need to be, is the 77 TMK that much better that I should switch?

P
My interpretation (having used neither, but having read the entire thread) is you do not need to switch, but the TMK is better enough that if you feel like switching it might be worth it.

Juan_ID

WKR
That 88 grain ELDM @ +2800 fps and the 75 grain ELDM @ +3000 fps sounds like money if it shows true like the 6 ARC did. A switch barrel 22 ARC/6 ARC would be all a man needed to hunt everything that I like to hunt.

Jay
And that is at 52k PSI..
For no good reason at all I wouldn’t mind getting a 22arc barrel to play with since I already have a t3x bolt with the weird bolt face… 🤔🤔 It’s only money right?? 😂