.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Based on the posts a few pages back about the Black Hills 77 tmk not shooting well, I went out today to shoot a new lot number (#143) as I was somewhat curious and wanted to verify I didn't have any issues with this lot being I just received 3 cases. It shot the same as my other lots......maybe just a schoch high but certainly nothing to give me concern.

Randy20230929_171528.jpg

Tartan

WKR
I’m part of the gang now.

IMG_8453.jpeg

D18 barrel, cerakoted, threaded 5/8ths. Cabelas doesn’t even list 223 as an option on the website and this was priced and labeled as a lite in my local store. Couldn’t pass it up for $400 under the normal d18 msrp.

Now to order Tikka UM rings, wait for the rok stock, and figure out if I backorder an swfa 3-9 or get another nxs2.5x10.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I’m part of the gang now.

View attachment 607780

D18 barrel, cerakoted, threaded 5/8ths. Cabelas doesn’t even list 223 as an option on the website and this was priced and labeled as a lite in my local store. Couldn’t pass it up for $400 under the normal d18 msrp.

Now to order Tikka UM rings, wait for the rok stock, and figure out if I backorder an swfa 3-9 or get another nxs2.5x10.

Out of curiosity what barrel length is that? The D18 comes threaded from the factory and is a contour between the lite and the CTR, right?

Tartan

WKR
Out of curiosity what barrel length is that? The D18 comes threaded from the factory and is a contour between the lite and the CTR, right?
22.4”

I think the specs are the same as the veils. This appears to be a cabelas specific unit as it has their camo pattern on it but without the texture the veils have (I think they have more texture at least). Contour is bigger than the lite, just large enough to fit 5/8ths threads. Smaller than the ctr.

It came with a radial muzzle break in the box as well

colby12

WKR
Same boat for 3-9. I’ve had two on backorder since January. I checked about a month ago to see if they were still active orders and they were.

Juan_ID

WKR
Same boat for 3-9. I’ve had two on backorder since January. I checked about a month ago to see if they were still active orders and they were.
I thought they’d just gotten a shipment in 2-3 months ago but went back and looked and it was December/ early January. Time freakin flies by! 🥲

amassi

WKR
Is this gest? Has anyone shot a large, mad bear frontal charge with a TMK 77?

Think of the delivery system
Being able to rapidly put 30 terminally devastating rounds on target easily.

I watched a very large angry black bear succumb to 3 3” turkey loads at 25,20 and 15 yards. Not a great wounding round in a bear but dead bear regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
How many folks have been checked for lead bullets while hunting?

How do they check for that?

Not yet, just tags and license.

I’ve read (not experienced) they’re permitted to take a round for analysis so unsure of a field test. Suppose they could use the tool they use when checking duck loads

amassi

WKR
I imagine it would be similar to the way they check people waterfowl hunting for nontoxic shot. Can not have any lead projectiles on your person or in the firearm while in the field but it can be in your vehicle. Most approved nonlead bullets are pretty easy to spot. Might ask you see the ammo on your person or in the gun, ask you the brand/name of the bullet, and then see if it matches their profile type. Might need to show them the box. Not sure about handloads though.

Jay

It only applies to rounds on your immediate person and firearm. You can have a pallet of leaded ammo in your truck if you aren’t hunting with it