.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Afhunter1

WKR
You guys shooting TAC in a tikka do you think it safe to load at 24.5 to start? What have you seen for a max? I’m gonna roll some up this week. This is with the 77 TMK by the way.

You guys shooting TAC in a tikka do you think it safe to load at 24.5 to start? What have you seen for a max? I’m gonna roll some up this week. This is with the 77 TMK by the way.

I'm using 24.5 gr TAC under a 77 gr TMK out of a Tikka without issue. However, I would not start there but rather start lower and work up, ensuring you don't hit pressure.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'd say a little spicy to start. I ended at 23.7gr, 2800fps.

FLS

WKR
It’s three tenths under max. Don’t seat them too deep you should be fine. As stated before work your way up.

I have it on good authority that 26.0 grains TAC with a 75 ELD-M acts like the Titan submersible. It’s awesome for 10 trips then fails spectacularly.

So don’t do that.

P

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I’m at 24.0 for my load. Was at pressure at 24.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was my experience as well using 77TMK’s. No pressure at 24.5g of TAC with 75g BTHP’s, though this was in the spring with temps around 50 degrees outside. The 24g load shot great so that’s what I’m sticking with to be safe and allow others to shoot it without too much concern.

My ladder was 23, 23.5, 24 and 24.5, all shot very well based on (inadequate) 5-shot groups.

To start with, I am a HUGE fan of 223/556, so naturally this thread appeals to me. Generally, I stick with an AR platform because that is what I know and I am familiar with it. With that being said, I recently picked up a Ruger American Ranch rifle in 556. For $600 it has been a stellar rifle so far. It shoots incredibly well, I am using Hornady Frontier 75gr HPBT 556 ammo. I went with a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 with the LV Velocity reticle. Its a fantastic match. I put a Spartan javelin bipod up front and topped it off with my suppressor. So far I have shot paper and steel and a handful of prairie dogs in ranges from 35-380yds. No issues. I did take it apart and wipe it down, then put Loctite on all the bolts and torqued it back together. To my surprise it shot even better. I am not a huge fan of the plastic stock, particularly due to the tan color, but thats an easy fix. With a loaded ten round mag, scope and suppressor I am just under 10lbs.

Anyone else shoot one of these?

cmahoney

WKR
Went marmot shooting. It got hot. Pierced a primer and blew the bolt shroud off after fracturing the firing pin assembly. No injuries, that Tikka is hell for stout. It taught me not to exceed book maximums, I can tell you that.

P

Ho Li Fuk! thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLJ

WKR
To start with, I am a HUGE fan of 223/556, so naturally this thread appeals to me. Generally, I stick with an AR platform because that is what I know and I am familiar with it. With that being said, I recently picked up a Ruger American Ranch rifle in 556. For $600 it has been a stellar rifle so far. It shoots incredibly well, I am using Hornady Frontier 75gr HPBT 556 ammo. I went with a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x32 with the LV Velocity reticle. Its a fantastic match. I put a Spartan javelin bipod up front and topped it off with my suppressor. So far I have shot paper and steel and a handful of prairie dogs in ranges from 35-380yds. No issues. I did take it apart and wipe it down, then put Loctite on all the bolts and torqued it back together. To my surprise it shot even better. I am not a huge fan of the plastic stock, particularly due to the tan color, but thats an easy fix. With a loaded ten round mag, scope and suppressor I am just under 10lbs.

Anyone else shoot one of these?

1687695421680.jpeg
I’ve had good luck with mine.