.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
I just put a new 8 twist 700 223 together also. The rifle shoots great and I'm sure yours will too. My own personal experience trumps someone's opinion on the internet.
View attachment 700203
Oh yeah. Very nice setup! Mines a tremendous shooter. I love it. Gonna drop it off at Kampfeld Kustoms to get an extended bolt handle put on, bolt fluted, and a side bolt release installed as well. Pork sword chassis should be to the house by the time I finish this hitch. It’ll be a fun little rifle.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Yeah, I work on a drillship in the gulf of mexico so I don't get on here as often as I'd like. I have read the entire post, word for word. He really pissed me off with his shitty attitude considering that there's plenty of folks here with rifles I'd consider not as capable. Remington triggers, and this one is a Timney, so long as you keep them clean and free of debris are plenty safe. I've used them for years and years in my other rifles, banged them around and never had an issue. I'd happily shoot alongside him in field positions or off a bench to see how it stacks up alongisde a tikka, or any other factory rifle. That being said I also don’t set them so low they can go off just by thinking about touching the trigger. I like about a 2.5 pound trigger pull.
Want to apologize for coming across as an asshole. Was not my intent and I’m sorry.

Rolltide

FNG
Also, if anyone is interested, Bass Pro has 77TMK's in stock on their website.
I got way too excited with this...

I read it as they had Black Hills loaded ammo in stock and have spent the last 20 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong that I couldn't find it...

I need more coffee...

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
Are there brown bears on this thread that I can't find?
Don't worry, I already hate myself for asking.
No brown bears yet. I'm toying with the idea of trying. I really liked the idea of a light Howa but with the problems Form has with feeding and reports of trigger problems I'll wait.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider

2934, 24” Tikka Varmint.

P
Nice, thats moving! I'm excited to work up a load for my 16.5" 223. 2 more weeks til I get home, then she'll be getting a workout!

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone use Starline? I got 1k coming. No lapua and adi, while consistent, dosnt have the tightest primer pockets.

Curious on thoughts particularly how it relates to lapua.

Juan_ID

WKR
Anyone use Starline? I got 1k coming. No lapua and adi, while consistent, dosnt have the tightest primer pockets.

Curious on thoughts particularly how it relates to lapua.
I have shot starline in my new 223 since new without any complaints. Have 5 firings on the first batch and primer pockets are still tight and groupings definitely aren’t any worse.
IMG_7308.jpeg

Rolltide

FNG
I don't remember seeing the 69gr TMK mentioned in the previous posts.

Is anyone using them and if so, how do they perform versus the 77gr TMK?

I don't remember seeing the 69gr TMK mentioned in the previous posts.

Is anyone using them and if so, how do they perform versus the 77gr TMK?
If I remember correctly it was said they work similarly but with less penetration. I believe multiple people are using them in 9 twist barrels. 77s are definitely the preferred weight but I understand 69 are more available.