.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
Please reconsider and start at the start.

Your ‘good deal’ isn’t.
Come again? I got it well under the cost of a Tikka. It has shot nothing but sub moa groups so far and came with a 16.5" threaded barrel. I get that Remington has had its issues, but they seem to have worked them out. Its as good a shooting factory rifle as my Tikka 6.5 which is seriously good.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
That’d certainly simplify things.

Bullets matter.

The delivery system matters.

Barrel. Twist. Throat geometry. COAL. Action. Trigger. Stock. Rings. Scope. Etc.

Please read this thread in it‘s entirety from post #1.

A Remington 700 topped with a Leupold in MOA shooting a hammer wasn’t chosen...
What on earth are you talking about? It's a 1-8 twist 223. I'll be shooting 77TMK's. It shoots seriously, extremely good. I don't get your shitty attitude about it. I have read the entire post. Hence why I snapped up this 223 for the price I did. There are literally tons of people on here shooting non Tikka 223's without issue. So, whats the issue with this one? It's not a Leupold, and its shooting 1/3 moa with factory ammo.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
What do you mean by this comment?
Are you saying that a remington 700 isn't worth having?
Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss there myself. Cost less than a Tikka. Shoots just as well. 223, with a 1-8 twist. Going to shoot 77TMK's. Are we entirely anti Remington here? I thought we were about hunting and making clean kills with 77TMK's not gear shaming people. Let's act like freaking adults here.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
Relax mate, he pretty much rescinded that post in subsequent posts
You have a great piece of gear, go forth and multiply
Yeah, I work on a drillship in the gulf of mexico so I don't get on here as often as I'd like. I have read the entire post, word for word. He really pissed me off with his shitty attitude considering that there's plenty of folks here with rifles I'd consider not as capable. Remington triggers, and this one is a Timney, so long as you keep them clean and free of debris are plenty safe. I've used them for years and years in my other rifles, banged them around and never had an issue. I'd happily shoot alongside him in field positions or off a bench to see how it stacks up alongisde a tikka, or any other factory rifle. That being said I also don’t set them so low they can go off just by thinking about touching the trigger. I like about a 2.5 pound trigger pull.

Last edited:
Yeah, I work on a drillship in the gulf of mexico so I don't get on here as often as I'd like. I have read the entire post, word for word. He really pissed me off with his shitty attitude considering that there's plenty of folks here with rifles I'd consider not as capable. Remington triggers, so long as you keep them clean and free of debris are plenty safe. I've used them for years and years in my other rifles, banged them around and never had an issue. I'd happily shoot alongside him in field positions or off a bench to see how it stacks up alongisde a tikka, or any other factory rifle.
Like I said relax
The OP is a great bloke and that post was probably a bit out of character

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
Like I said relax
The OP is a great bloke and that post was probably a bit out of character
Yeah, not sure what was going on with him but it got my goat for sure. Unwarranted disrespect tends to do that to me. Especially when he clearly didn't even read what he was responding to. Maybe he was drunk? Who knows?

Mrwoodard

FNG
Yeah, I'm at a bit of a loss there myself. Cost less than a Tikka. Shoots just as well. 223, with a 1-8 twist. Going to shoot 77TMK's. Are we entirely anti Remington here? I thought we were about hunting and making clean kills with 77TMK's not gear shaming people. Let's act like freaking adults here.
I just put a new 8 twist 700 223 together also. The rifle shoots great and I'm sure yours will too. My own personal experience trumps someone's opinion on the internet.
20240408_173056.jpg