.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

So I have the ruger predator 223 and several ARs that I’m running the 77s thru. What are your thoughts about adding the ruger ranch to the mix too? It would be $500 shipped. I can’t do the tikka because the non threaded and I want to run my can
1406564db9ca9a09e6a392c7e32b39c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Tikka CTR comes threaded or you can get a gunsmith to thread a t3 lite

PSA: in stock 77gr TMKs for $33.99/100. Free shipping over $50. Use code GASAVE10 on orders $150+ to save $10. I did this last time they were in stock here and got 500ct for 32 cents each.

New site to me, thanks! I put in a large order for 88gr ELD-M's which were on sale yesterday for $19.99. I'm curious to see if it gets fulfilled... I have dreams of a 22 Creedmoor or 22 GT.

New site to me, thanks! I put in a large order for 88gr ELD-M's which were on sale yesterday for $19.99. I'm curious to see if it gets fulfilled... I have dreams of a 22 Creedmoor or 22 GT.
I had a good experience ordering from Green Top and I hope you do too. Sounds like a fun project!

I got screwed by sportsman warehouse so I’m back on the prowl for a rifle… checked in after 5 weeks into my background check and they said it was normal and they didn’t want to even look into it for me… checked again at week 9 and was told my background check expired and nobody called me or anything… I will never step foot in there again, no offer to do anything to make it right, and an oh well attitude at best

Now I have to find another one somewhere else, and deal with this state’s stupid background check once again, so I’m just waiting until my go to gun store can find one because they would never treat someone like that

Will have plenty of ammo to shoot when I get my .223 at least (glass half full)

I planned on filling my blacktail tag with the 223 this year but it doesn’t look like it’s in the cards considering a background check is a month in this state

I live in a state with such high potential that’s absolutely crippled by horrible politics
Sportsman's has been struggling since the buyout fell through. They cant get help, corporate pissed every manager off and they have a hiring freeze for most positions. I wouldnt be surprised to see a bankrupcy in the near future.

So I have the ruger predator 223 and several ARs that I’m running the 77s thru. What are your thoughts about adding the ruger ranch to the mix too? It would be $500 shipped. I can’t do the tikka because the non threaded and I want to run my can
1406564db9ca9a09e6a392c7e32b39c5.jpg

I did this exact purchase for the same reasons. I am a huge fan of this little rifle. For the little cash I spent on it, it’s incredibly accurate.

I did this exact purchase for the same reasons. I am a huge fan of this little rifle. For the little cash I spent on it, it’s incredibly accurate.

Thanks brother. I love the predator so I see no reason why I wouldn’t like the ranch too. Guess I’ll have to get one! My favorite rig to sling the 77s so far is my 20” AR15. I harvested a doe last year at 410 yards with it. It was sweet. I shoot the 73 Eldm out of the predator and 77 TMK out of the ARs

I got screwed by sportsman warehouse so I’m back on the prowl for a rifle… checked in after 5 weeks into my background check and they said it was normal and they didn’t want to even look into it for me… checked again at week 9 and was told my background check expired and nobody called me or anything… I will never step foot in there again, no offer to do anything to make it right, and an oh well attitude at best

Now I have to find another one somewhere else, and deal with this state’s stupid background check once again, so I’m just waiting until my go to gun store can find one because they would never treat someone like that

Will have plenty of ammo to shoot when I get my .223 at least (glass half full)

I planned on filling my blacktail tag with the 223 this year but it doesn’t look like it’s in the cards considering a background check is a month in this state

I live in a state with such high potential that’s absolutely crippled by horrible politics
Order from these guys. No tax charged to out of state residents. I have used them several times an they are very good. Find a good local FFL. A small FFL is much more likely to try to help you than a big box. I did the "Email For Price." It's $763

Last edited:
Thanks brother. I love the predator so I see no reason why I wouldn’t like the ranch too. Guess I’ll have to get one! My favorite rig to sling the 77s so far is my 20” AR15. I harvested a doe last year at 410 yards with it. It was sweet. I shoot the 73 Eldm out of the predator and 77 TMK out of the ARs

Its also nice being able to have mags that work between two platforms.

Order from these guys. No tax charged to out of state residents. I have used them several times an they are very good. Find a good local FFL. A small FFL is much more likely to try to help you than a big box. I did the "Email For Price." It's $763

I second this. Smokin' prices, hard to find a used one cheaper these days.

FYI, I bought my T3X .223 Stainless on GunBroker from a seller that had something like 10,000 positive ratings for about $750. I buy the majority of my guns there, both used and new.

For you guys that are buying the Tikka T3 in .223 are you doing anything to them after you get them? Stuff like trigger work, etc. Or you just mounting a scope, sighting in, patting yourself on the back? Please. Thanks.

Back