.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

Got to get some quality time behind the Howa Mini this week. My absolute favorite rifle to shoot now! Easy moa groups at 200. Next up is to chop and thread the barrel and find TMK’s for deer season!
Nice! What model howa mini you have? What’s the barrel twist?

I was thinking of one of the carbon stalkers but can’t find the twist rate on them and I’m not getting a .223 without a 1 in 8

Also looking at the new CZ in .223

I would prefer a tikka but they sound hard to find lately

Oakridge

FNG
Nice! What model howa mini you have? What’s the barrel twist?

I was thinking of one of the carbon stalkers but can’t find the twist rate on them and I’m not getting a .223 without a 1 in 8

Also looking at the new CZ in .223

I would prefer a tikka but they sound hard to find lately
I got the standard Howa mini barreled action off Brownells. Ordered a Pendleton stock and Oregon gunsmithing bottom metal. The barrel is a 1 in 8 twist and is marked on the side to confirm. Fantastic rifle that I’m very happy with.
I do really like the CZ 600 in 223, very nice feeling guns.

SBR Sarge

FNG
Just got around to measuring the twist in my 223 and it's 1:7 I guess I need to find some 77 TMK
Here is a lead on ammo with the 77 TMK.

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a lead on ammo with the 77 TMK.

Thanks. I saw those, I was just hoping to find some projectiles to load, but I will probably end up biting the bullet and getting some.

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
To no one in particular-

You’re pole vaulting over mouse turds. Take a 77gr TMK, put 23.7gr (or 23.5or 23.3gr) of 8208 in a case (any case), with any standard SR primer, seat it to 2.26” COAL, shoot. That’s it. That combo has shot well in every single 223/5.56 we’ve tried it in.
If one cannot find 8202 what powder/load would be your second choice?

Thanks. I saw those, I was just hoping to find some projectiles to load, but I will probably end up biting the bullet and getting some.
I have a hunch if you called or emailed Sierra that they would tell you when they anticipate another production batch. If they are in tune with demand, the next batch should be in the works, and it should be a very large quantity.

I know I’ve been seeing the 69 gr tmk more readily available within the last week. Maybe the 77 will start popping up more as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
And there are a bunch of 77gr HBPT Match kings in the area. I’m half tempted to get some of those and get some dope put together. I imagine I’ll be able to find some TMK by October and then just tweak/rework the dope. Snow is starting to melt and I’m starting to get restless