22 ARC

So, I am wondering. (Dangerous, I know). I think I know the answer, but looking for some collective intelligence here. Also, if this has been covered in the thread already I apologize. I have been reading along, but didn’t go back and reread everything.
The 22 ARC should be a lot easier on barrels in comparison to the 22 Creed, correct?

I am in a bit of analysis paralysis right now. My next build will be a .22 cal and I am torn between a .223AI, 22 Creed, and this one.

So, I am wondering. (Dangerous, I know). I think I know the answer, but looking for some collective intelligence here. Also, if this has been covered in the thread already I apologize. I have been reading along, but didn’t go back and reread everything.
The 22 ARC should be a lot easier on barrels in comparison to the 22 Creed, correct?

I am in a bit of analysis paralysis right now. My next build will be a .22 cal and I am torn between a .223AI, 22 Creed, and this one.

H20 Capacities:
223AI: 32.4 ish grains
6.5 grendel: 34.5-35.0 ish grains (should be real close to 22 ARC)
6 Creedmoor: 51 ish grains

So yeah, 22 ARC should be way easier on barrels. There is 22 GT head stamped brass to that's another step up between 22 ARC and 22 Creed and you wouldn't need an odd bolt face.

Generally yes

For those more knowledgeable than I, a query:

I've ordered a 22ARC barrel, AR platform. I've preferred Lapua, Alpha brass. Haven't had great luck with Hornady. I assume 6.5grendal brass of any make could be used for 22ARC. Given the reamer specs, I'm assuming a FL Redding Type S with appropriate bushing could be used for sizing. But would I need to neck turn? Or am I better off to wait for Hornady's brass. I'm in no real hurry.

For those more knowledgeable than I, a query:

I've ordered a 22ARC barrel, AR platform. I've preferred Lapua, Alpha brass. Haven't had great luck with Hornady. I assume 6.5grendal brass of any make could be used for 22ARC. Given the reamer specs, I'm assuming a FL Redding Type S with appropriate bushing could be used for sizing. But would I need to neck turn? Or am I better off to wait for Hornady's brass. I'm in no real hurry.

Who did you order a barrel from?

I heard Alpha was going to make some 22 arc brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon 6. They said they’re waiting on a PTG reamer at saami specs.

Alpha brass would be awesome.
Maybe you could call p t and g for a reamer print and see if you need to turn. Would hope they have a good neck variance to allow all the different brass makers to play.

I never really had issues with hornady in 22 grendel, yes I pushed it hard and brass would wear out more quickly, but I also was shooting mostly at night and didn't want to worry about picking up expensive brass as much as leaving a few Hornady’s

Howa mini unless you want a larger set up either Midway or brownells had barreled howa minis on sale

I would probably already own one if not for the two-stage trigger. I realize that they are not that expensive, but I hate the fact that I would immediately have to change out the trigger and bottom metal. Even on a Rem, it is only the trigger.
The fact that Stocky’s makes a VG stock for them is a plus, however.

I really like a two stage trigger, especially when you change the springs. How long do you suppose it will take Tikka to offer a rifle in 22 ARC?

Back