22-250 / 22cm with TMK’s and ELDM’s

kkp005

WKR
Last year I read the entire 223 thread and ended up buying a tikka , chopping it to 18”, suppressing it and running 77gr TMK’s. It has become one of my favorite guns….. Easy to shoot and kills wayyyy above its weight class. It’s fun showing folks just what that mean little combo can do!

Well I’m bored now and always looking to buy another gun. Wanting to go with a tikka in 22-250 that’s 1/8 twist…. Maybe even rechambering to 22CM (I’ve also got a 6CM and love it). Also wanting to chop/thread it at 18”

I’d either want to shoot 77gr TMK’s or 80gr/88gr ELD’s… I have a stash of TMK’s and pounds of h4350.

Shots will hardly ever be over 400yards…On hogs, coyotes and whitetail.

Will the TMK’s and ELD’s hold up being pushed over 3k?? Will this gun do anything better than what I already have in the rokslide 223 special ??

Thanks for the help! I’ve enjoyed this forum and have really learned a lot from @Formidilosus post and experience

-Kevin

I builta .22-250AI by reeming out a .223 1:9 savage take off barrel putting it on a long action and I'm loving it. If you go 22CM (which is really close to .22-250AI) you won't regret it. My 1:9 is sending 75gr ELD-Ms at nearly 3300fps and shoot exceptional.

BjornF16

WKR
Will the TMK’s and ELD’s hold up being pushed over 3k?? Will this gun do anything better than what I already have in the rokslide 223 special ??

Yes…they will handle the increased MV.

You’ll buck the wind a little better.

I’ve got a hunt next month…I plan on shooting 22CM/88ELD-M. Have a RS “Special” to launch 77TMKs for my daughter.

B23

WKR
Does Tikka still make the 22-250 with an 8tw barrel? I thought that was just kind of a special run they did of them a few years ago.

amassi

WKR
Does Tikka still make the 22-250 with an 8tw barrel? I thought that was just kind of a special run they did of them a few years ago.
Still in production
Sportsmans just had the blued lite for $678
Europtic gets them semi regularly also

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
kkp005

kkp005

WKR
Well.. finally got it cut down to 18” and threaded. Loaded up some 77gr TMK’s with h4350. Getting right about 3030fps and shooting 1/2” groups. Now just waiting on the right deer, coyote or hog to come out

Yes…they will handle the increased MV.

You’ll buck the wind a little better.

I’ve got a hunt next month…I plan on shooting 22CM/88ELD-M. Have a RS “Special” to launch 77TMKs for my daughter.

How’d this hunt turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BjornF16

WKR
I took a whitetail buck with the 22CM (large exit wound, easy blood trail); my youngest son took a wild hog with the RS special. He missed a shot opportunity on free range elk running through the property (blamed it on the fixed 6X SWFA scope that he was unfamiliar with; decided against Texas heart shot with the 77TMK when he finally got reticle on 😢

I took a whitetail buck with the 22CM (large exit wound, easy blood trail); my youngest son took a wild hog with the RS special. He missed a shot opportunity on free range elk running through the property (blamed it on the fixed 6X SWFA scope that he was unfamiliar with; decided against Texas heart shot with the 77TMK when he finally got reticle on

Nice job. Good performance with the 88’s it sounds like. Have you shot any other animals with that bullet? I was thinking about building a 22-243 to shoot that bullet.

BjornF16

WKR
Nice job. Good performance with the 88’s it sounds like. Have you shot any other animals with that bullet? I was thinking about building a 22-243 to shoot that bullet.

First time hunting with the 88 ELD-M and 77 TMK…I’ll continue using them.

If/when I finally get my SWFA 3-9, it will go on the .223 Tikka