2025 Draw Anticipation

SloppyJ

WKR
Putting in CO for the first time and hope to draw one for my first elk trip. With the new rules not sure how it's going to go but the unit i want and have a hunt setup in shouldn't be very popular. Sorry. One more NR trying to come out there. Deal with it.

hoosierhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Putting in CO for the first time and hope to draw one for my first elk trip. With the new rules not sure how it's going to go but the unit i want and have a hunt setup in shouldn't be very popular. Sorry. One more NR trying to come out there. Deal with it.
check out the draw report to see where it drew out at 2023 and 2024 and you can usually extrapolate that out to 2025

OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
CO Archery will be interesting with all the OTC units going to a draw next year, who knows where they will draw out at?!? It will probably take a few years for that to shake out...I'm guessing 0-1 point if they just allocate a bunch of tags to each one like they've done for other OTC to draw units. If they really try to limit NR hunters (and revenue) it will be interesting to see where the chips fall.

satchamo

WKR
CO Archery will be interesting with all the OTC units going to a draw next year, who knows where they will draw out at?!? It will probably take a few years for that to shake out...I'm guessing 0-1 point if they just allocate a bunch of tags to each one like they've done for other OTC to draw units. If they really try to limit NR hunters (and revenue) it will be interesting to see where the chips fall.

Most of those OTC units going to draw you’d have to pay me to hunt for the next 3-4 years…

Wheels

WKR
Hoping to draw a couple LE elk tags in the next 2 years, may have to pony up for the special draw in WY to get it done. After that, I'm out of the elk business, getting too old to be packing an elk out solo.
In the mean time, will be sitting in a tree looking for the right buck here in MO and chasing birds for the next few months.

SloppyJ

WKR
check out the draw report to see where it drew out at 2023 and 2024 and you can usually extrapolate that out to 2025
Appreciate the advice. I'm super green trying to interpolate all of this info. Super complicated as I've never had to apply for anything here in the south. I just get 5 deer tags and 2 turkey tags as a given.

The unit I'm going to was OTC for the hunt I have setup so I guess we will just have to see. Again, I appreciate the info. Some crazy stats with the number of people with high preference points out there.

WRO

WKR
I’m 4 hunts down and 4 left and already planned out into 27..

I love draw season, just another way to jam 10lbs of shit into a 5lb bag,

hoosierhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the advice. I'm super green trying to interpolate all of this info. Super complicated as I've never had to apply for anything here in the south. I just get 5 deer tags and 2 turkey tags as a given.

The unit I'm going to was OTC for the hunt I have setup so I guess we will just have to see. Again, I appreciate the info. Some crazy stats with the number of people with high preference points out there.
Just sent you a message

@MBH

FNG
Who else is done hunting this year and looking forward to 2025 application season? I know it will be hear before we know it and bitching about all the issues but I can't help but wish it was here sooner!
I'm getting ready for my first ever Elk, Deer, Pronghorn, Grouse and Quail hunts in 2025. There is so much to learn and buy between now and then.

I can hunt deer in KS but it is not as fun (to me) as elk hunting and elk taste so much better too. I will probably get out there next weekend but I’m still thinking about where to go next year.
I see that now, I think it’s funny how common it is for hunters to get more excited about hunting something different than what they grew up with or have locally!

I cut my teeth hunting and living in elk country Utah and Colorado (now live in AK and hunt more in the L48 and international than I do at home !) but the hunt I get excited for is Kansas whitetail 😂

Helps to have a good lease and family nearby to visit- Here is the buck I chased last year:
IMG_4246.jpeg

OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
I see that now, I think it’s funny how common it is for hunters to get more excited about hunting something different than what they grew up with or have locally!

I cut my teeth hunting and living in elk country Utah and Colorado (now live in AK and hunt more in the L48 and international than I do at home !) but the hunt I get excited for is Kansas whitetail 😂

Helps to have a good lease and family nearby to visit- Here is the buck I chased last year:
View attachment 781765
Part of the draw to me to the west is the mountains, which we don't have that in KS. Elk still tastes better than deer, so we have that too. I have deer points in every state i apply for elk in but i don't ever look forward to using them...i do apply for the AZ strip every other year, just in case i hit the jackpot. I see your point about wanting what we don't have. I can hunt WT and/or mule deer in KS but there is very little public land compared to the West. Yes there is walk in (WIHA) but there are roads everywhere, so you can't get more than a mile from someone except in a few spot...unless you have your own land or a lease, you really can't get away from people. In the West I feel if i put in the work i can get away from people, especially the ones just driving the roads. To each his/her own, my 5 year plan is to retire and move to WY, so i can hunt there every year. Before i leave KS, i will by a lifetime hunting license and maybe then i will see your perspective.

They will still allocate so many tags to many of those units it will essentially be the same thing as OTC. Just put in for a pref point for 1st choice, and then whichever of those previously OTC units as your 2nd choice, and there you go. Only differences now are you have to 1. commit to a specific unit, and 2. you have to do it in May instead of waiting until the last minute.

Mojave

WKR
My year will be 2026. I am not going to be in America in 2025.

I have enough points for the following:
Wyoming mule deer
Arizona bull elk
Arizona Coues
Arizona javelina