2024 show your dogs success

she jumped out of the back seat of the truck. idk what she did. I was on the other side of the truck. Ive harped on my wife to make the dogs wait to unload until we tell them just because of hearing stories like this. it was maybe 4' to the ground.
Damn, she must have really hit the wrong way or landed weird or something.

After a butt load of xrays and intermittent lameness in my 7 YO dogs front wrists they narrowed it to arthritis and blamed the jumps out of the truck as a potential cause, and certainly an aggravating factor moving forward.

I'm the dude who picks his 70 lb dogs up now and lowers them to the ground.
Yeah my old girl does a lot of limping on those front legs. We spend tons of time at our fish camp and those dogs jump in and out of the truck bed 50 times a day when we're fishing and such. I've got her trained to wait for me now and I lift her in and out. Her butthead son isn't having any of it though, he still wants to do all the jumping. He's 8 years old so not exactly a spring chicken himself.

Damn, she must have really hit the wrong way or landed weird or something.

Yeah my old girl does a lot of limping on those front legs. We spend tons of time at our fish camp and those dogs jump in and out of the truck bed 50 times a day when we're fishing and such. I've got her trained to wait for me now and I lift her in and out. Her butthead son isn't having any of it though, he still wants to do all the jumping. He's 8 years old so not exactly a spring chicken himself.
Only thing I can think of is.she landed with all her weight on one leg straight down. Which is what the break suggested

OP
KurtR

KurtR

WKR
Yep if i dont have the ramp the dog is getting lifted out of his box to the ground. I have seen to many bad things happen with dogs jumping out of the back of trucks or boxes.