2024 OFFICIAL Mule deer meat pole thread

WyoHuntr

FNG
Deer opener turned into a wolf hunt within the first hour. After running out the pelt to get checked and into a freezer, I rode back in. Next morning, I went in after another wolf and found this guy. This buck had just shed velvet, and his white &red antlers immediately stuck out. I passed on him and just watched as his horns browned up as the blood dried. Being sick, I decided I didn't have much energy to change areas. After a few hours, I figured had misjudged him (turns out I didn't). Unfortunately, he bedded and I had to sit for 3½ hours as rain and snow moved in. Weak mains really hurt his score. 28"wide, 5"+bases, 173¾". He sure was purty from the front, though! Just sad deer season lasted two mornings...
20240920_120733.jpg
20240920_121556.jpg
20240920_123041.jpg
20240920_125614.jpg

Deer opener turned into a wolf hunt within the first hour. After running out the pelt to get checked and into a freezer, I rode back in. Next morning, I went in after another wolf and found this guy. This buck had just shed velvet, and his white &red antlers immediately stuck out. I passed on him and just watched as his horns browned up as the blood dried. Being sick, I decided I didn't have much energy to change areas. After a few hours, I figured had misjudged him (turns out I didn't). Unfortunately, he bedded and I had to sit for 3½ hours as rain and snow moved in. Weak mains really hurt his score. 28"wide, 5"+bases, 173¾". He sure was purty from the front, though! Just sad deer season lasted two mornings...
View attachment 766764
View attachment 766762
View attachment 766761
View attachment 766770
Dang… you almost passed him? Tell me you’re from a state with good hunting without telling me you’re in a state with good hunting. 😂 He’s a beaut!!