2024 Moose hunt with Tahltan Outfitters

HBartley

FNG
I got back Saturday night. Saw a good one Sunday afternoon but didn't get a shot ( bow ). He came in to 40yds head on and stopped with brush in the way. Stared a long time then turned and walked away. Guide said he was 50" wide. We hunted him till Wed and never saw him again. Outfitter said it was too warm and rut hasn't really gotten going yet. Said if I want one, I better use a rifle. I finally gave in and grabbed a rifle and Thurs got within 61yds of a young 4pt. Guide recommended that I take him bit I held off. I could tell he was frustrated. They made it clear that was my chance and counts as my "opportunity". It finally cooled off some and started raining and came across a decent one Friday morning. Shot him off sticks at 243yds. Guide freaked out. Great trip for sure. I'm quite happy with how it went down. He is no monster by any means, but he is my first, so I will always love him haha
Congratulations. Who was your guide?

miket

FNG
Interest

well that explains why I didn’t recognize you from camp. You were on the entire other side of the continent

oops, my bad. I posted on the wrong thread. I meant to post on the NL thread. Mine is tiny compared to the Alaska/Yukon moose, but average for NL

Apologies