2024 Moose hunt with Tahltan Outfitters

Its a ways off, but going on a 10 day moose hunt for 2024 with Jim Peterson of Tahltan Outfitters. Gotten a lot of positive feedback already, but was curious of any feedback from anyone on here that might have went with him in the last couple years?

Last edited:
My Dad and I did a moose/mountain caribou hunt with him in 2021. He’s a good guy and I would recommend him. I got a nice mountain caribou but didn’t end up shooting a moose however I was more interested in the mountain caribou anyhow. My dad got both species, we had a great time.

Attachments

• C8ED8499-6F0B-4B68-9D5C-A15418B3D981.jpeg
    C8ED8499-6F0B-4B68-9D5C-A15418B3D981.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 160
  • FE12FADC-716B-43FB-BEEE-247C4FEE92EC.jpeg
    FE12FADC-716B-43FB-BEEE-247C4FEE92EC.jpeg
    646.9 KB · Views: 158
Its a ways off, but going on a 10 day moose hunt for 2024 with Jim Peterson of Tahltan Outfitters. Gotten a lot of positive feedback already, but was curious of any feedback from anyone on here that might have went with him in the last couple years?
What are your dates? I booked for the 12-21 of September. Man I’m so excited!

mabrams

FNG
Are you guys lake or horse back? Did the lake hunt with my boy and had a great time and killed a decent bull. Boy missed a REALLY good one on day one.

We are going right after you...Set 27-Oct 6th. Lake hunt right now but thinking about adding mountain caribou so that may change things.
Yea I wasn’t interested in a lake hunt as I love being up in the mountains on a horse in the wilderness. I never really thought about caribou much until I got to looking for a moose hunt. Somewhere along the line I decided I’d try for both. Plus my wife really wants one of those pretty hides, that and all the meat is a big selling point for her. She’s made it clear that If I pass on a bull they give me the ok to shoot and wind up coming home with no meat I’m in trouble. Lol

mabrams

FNG
Hunted with his outfit last year on a lake hunt. Day one my son missed a really nice bull. Communication between me and him was not good (my son) and when he was squeezing the trigger i was moving in a 14 jon boat. needless to say the shot was off. Had some really hot temps for 6 days after that and it slowed things down. Last day last hour we saw a bull and were able to put him down 52". Seen two other bulls that we could not close the distance on. The area is amazing, the accommodations are great, the fishing is unreal (Its so good you will get bored catching them). My son would hold his spoon lure out of the water and have Pike jump out and grab it. You will have a great time and i will be back and hopefully on a horse hunt just to see more country if the back can handle it.

Hunted with his outfit last year on a lake hunt. Day one my son missed a really nice bull. Communication between me and him was not good (my son) and when he was squeezing the trigger i was moving in a 14 jon boat. needless to say the shot was off. Had some really hot temps for 6 days after that and it slowed things down. Last day last hour we saw a bull and were able to put him down 52". Seen two other bulls that we could not close the distance on. The area is amazing, the accommodations are great, the fishing is unreal (Its so good you will get bored catching them). My son would hold his spoon lure out of the water and have Pike jump out and grab it. You will have a great time and i will be back and hopefully on a horse hunt just to see more country if the back can handle it.
What dates did you go?

Pmarquard

FNG
Hi could you give me if possible some feedback on why you chose Tahltan Outfitters? I am looking at booking with them as well and would like to exchange info. thank you