2024 Montana draw results

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
B Tags are out. What did folks draw there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squat- again. The district I put in is roughly 50:50 odds, this the second year (with two bonus points) I didn’t draw.

My record on another 50:50 draw for a B tag is seven years, with as many bonus points.

I’m just one lucky SOB! :ROFLMAO:

Squat- again. The district I put in is roughly 50:50 odds, this the second year (with two bonus points) I didn’t draw.

My record on another 50:50 draw for a B tag is seven years, with as many bonus points.

I’m just one lucky SOB! :ROFLMAO:

Bummer! I drew my 1st choice but I have had disappointing results before too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Good deal!

My last chance is an antelope license for my old stomping grounds- SE Montana. Odds are pretty high for the district, but I haven't made any plans yet :D

hunterjmj

WKR
Drew a cow in a decent odds unit. 9 years hunting that spot I've only missed out twice. Once because I forgot. Now waiting on antelope.

williaada

WKR
Got my permit l, but missed on the B tag. Not sure what my PP will be for next year. Bought one each year. Thought I would have 3 for this year, would I have 6 next year?

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
Got my permit l, but missed on the B tag. Not sure what my PP will be for next year. Bought one each year. Thought I would have 3 for this year, would I have 6 next year?

What are you talking about?
If you drew a general tag (Non res elk combo) you will have no PP next year. If you also drew a limited entry permit you will have no bonus points next year.

williaada

WKR
What are you talking about?
If you drew a general tag (Non res elk combo) you will have no PP next year. If you also drew a limited entry permit you will have no bonus points next year.
I was wondering, do I start back at zero for the B tag. Thought those were seperate from general tag.

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering, do I start back at zero for the B tag. Thought those were seperate from general tag.

Bonus points are for your 1st choice and you have to choose to use them. So if your B Tag was your first choice and you selected that you wanted to use bonus points. Then you would now have 0 bonus points.
Preference points are used by non residents for drawing the “general tag” max that can be held is 3 and you will lose them if you don’t apply for consecutive years.