2024 Bugle Report

OP
rileybassman
Got into a 45 minute heated argument with this guy - he was 150 yards across the property line and wasn't willing to leave his cows - he was screaming, glunking, peeing, raking, false charging - super fun!

N6PoTwyh.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Western Idaho.

Worked a bull yesterday nearly all day. Nice 6x6, had 6ish cows. We were within 200 yards most of the, but due to wind and getting stuck on an open hillside, we had to wait to make a move.

Made our move at 3 pm with raking. He came to about 60 yards when the wind hit my neck...wind had been great all day. I think I should have made my move earlier before it started cooling down.

Saw 2 wolves, 6 bears yesterday. Then this morning, while glassing, a mountain lion walked over the saddle 40 yards from me and never saw us. Pretty dang cool.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Amincey34

FNG
My dad’s getting older and not sure how many years of hunting we have left. He’s heading out on the 18th to my house and then we head into the woods in Colorado on the 20th until the end of season. Hoping we don’t miss the rut action here in Colorado. Wanted to see your guys thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDVortex

WKR
My dad’s getting older and not sure how many years of hunting we have left. He’s heading out on the 18th to my house and then we head into the woods in Colorado on the 20th until the end of season. Hoping we don’t miss the rut action here in Colorado. Wanted to see your guys thoughts on this?

I wouldn't worry about the rut, id worry on the memories you'll have with your dad and if it's during part of the rut awesome.

Amincey34

FNG
I wouldn't worry about the rut, id worry on the memories you'll have with your dad and if it's during part of the rut awesome.

Thanks for that perspective. Great way to look at that. I’ve held off hunting this far and been helping pack out and call just to hopefully share that moment with my father.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
First day out calling for friends and scouting in north Idaho this young 6 came in hard. The jungles are so much fun🤣 bugling does work

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpeg
    IMG_0743.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 134

IDVortex

WKR
First day out calling for friends and scouting in north Idaho this young 6 came in hard. The jungles are so much fun🤣 bugling does work
And all I was getting or running into was cows. Including while driving out. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 20240912_154246.jpg
    20240912_154246.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 99

Fullfan

WKR
Eastern Idaho where we had bulls working from Tue-Fri, have died down. Heard two 1/2 hearted bugles this morning at 0800. Things here have turned way down.

Rjk300

FNG
I’m down in sw MT and only had one great day of bugling but I got into two large herds. A big 6pt had 40ish cows n calves he wouldn’t leave no surprise. The big 7pt had 25ish with him and wasn’t interested in leaving them either. A nice 6pt played with me for about an hour but just wasn’t totally committed probably my rookie calling abilities. Two other days I tried on smaller bulls but wouldn’t bugle or show interest, actually the one day while watching the bull figuring my play a mt lion went after him and sent him out of the valley. I’m just going to fly fish today before I fly out tomorrow.

Kurts86

WKR
I’ve been in Colorado the last 4 days. 99% of the bugling has been overnight between midnight to 6am with a bright full moon under clear skies.

I watched a herd Sunday morning after listening to them overnight. The bugling frequency started to slow down heavily 1 hour before sunrise and was over before 7am. The last 2 days have been windy and stormy so it’s hard to say what’s been going on then.

Holski

FNG
Colorado around 9500 ft.
Saturday - one half hearted Bugle 100 yards from my tent when I sneezed at 5 am. nothing the rest of the day (it was almost 85 degrees)
Saturday night into Sunday morning - 2 bulls bugled at each other all night, bugling was done by 730 am. Nothing until after sunset Sunday when I was walking out heard a few.

Going back up tonight for the rest of the week, hopefully they will be getting into it more with the cooler weather.

Reactions: pew

Squid

FNG
Had good bugles 10-14th. Mainly in the evening. No bugles since, however I did get one on the 15th 😂.

schur7559

FNG
Hunted the last 4 days in Colorado. We found a drainage that was on fire for bugling, at least 6+ bulls. Saturday night we could hardly sleep because of all of the bugling. They seemed to shut up by about 8am with a few random bugles throughout the day. Couldn’t get any shot opportunities but had one hell of a time!

Reactions: pew