2024 Bows?

Mathews has chased having the most rigid risers for a long time.

Generally, carbon flexes, and flexes a lot.

Makes for difficult tuning when the centershot changes on the bow through the draw cycle. It would be possible with a shoot through riser, but that brings other problems.
For Mathews, better colors. The camo finish sucks, olive drap is worn out, Ghey Grey sucks, black is black. The target colors seem like a Model T, you can have any color you want as long as its....

I don't know what I really want to see. Pretty much performance has peaked until something new for limb materials comes along. Improvements in tuning? Well I liked yokes. I don't much care about the easy user interface for tuning, seems it might be sacrificing durability, and I have a press so I don't need it.

I'd like to see larger riser cutouts on a lot of bows. I don't want to have a broadhead in front of my riser. If I want to have a large fixed head on my arrow, I'd like it to be able to be inside the riser if I want.

All bows should have 2 Berger holes and multiple sight holes. More options for adjustment of holding weight on hunting bows, or higher holding, less letoff options.

Mathews make a nice bow and is one of the nicer ones to shoot, BUT if their goal is to have the most rigid riser, they have failed miserably. The mathews risers flex the most, out of the top manufacturers aluminium bows, because of the type/process of aluminium they use. if they used the same aluminium as Prime, they wouldnt need to worry so much about the riser design. their risers are hideous in my opinion. but i know people love them. those fanboys remind me of the "Blue no matter who" people lol

I wish Mathew’s would release another no cam bow. I currently have an RX-7 and don’t think I could ask for more from a bow. I am kicking myself though, I wish I went with the Ultra over the regular RX7.

Mathews is going to make a hunting version of the Title, it’s that simple. Probably a 30/34 offering or something close.

Will throw my hat in.

I too would like to see Mathews try a carbon. I buy at least one new Mathews every year and normally two of different axel to axel lengths.

I will say so far the 29 inch A to A Phase 4 is my favorite. So I would love to see a 29 inch A to A carbon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe bow design peaked in the last 5 or so years. Really maybe even 7 or 8 years ago. It's little tweaks at this point. Also, it seems increasingly like the big boys like Mathews and Hoyt are continuing to develop hunting/target crossover type bows. I guess that's what the market is demanding. Target-like stability even in a hunting bow. There's no free lunch so you end up with short ATA, lower brace height, less forgiving huting bows that are wide and heavy because it's basically a shrunk target bow.

, I wish I went with the Ultra over the regular RX7.

When I got to shoot all the new flagships bare with no stabs from Mathews and hoyt this summer, the ultra was the only one that felt different than all the others. Only though because it's ata and brace wre so much longer did it felt better but you will lose speed with that. You might as well get a nitrum 34 and save some $$$ you want those specs. Maybe they feel different at longer draw but for me at 28 /28.5 they all feel the same to me, aluminum or carbon from the last five years. A lot of recency bias and marketing hype get to ppl imo, but hey gotta feel cool with the latest and greatest at tac.

I have been saving up for the past 6 months intending to get into archery hunting. I didn't get the funds in time to be able to hunt any OTC tags so I have decided to wait and see what the new 2024 bows have to offer. With that being said I have pretty much decided on getting the new mathews bow. Whether you agree with that or not, I am wondering when I can expect to actually have one in my hands. I hear November 16th is a potential drop day, but when are they widely available to the public? When the archery shop sends my order in, how long will it take? Will I be getting it before Christmas? Thanks for the insight!

I have been saving up for the past 6 months intending to get into archery hunting. I didn't get the funds in time to be able to hunt any OTC tags so I have decided to wait and see what the new 2024 bows have to offer. With that being said I have pretty much decided on getting the new mathews bow. Whether you agree with that or not, I am wondering when I can expect to actually have one in my hands. I hear November 16th is a potential drop day, but when are they widely available to the public? When the archery shop sends my order in, how long will it take? Will I be getting it before Christmas? Thanks for the insight!

If you are certain that's what you want, just walk into your favorite bow shop with a handful of cash tomorrow and say you want to order one. You might get lucky and snag one of their stocking order.

What is so amazing about a carbon fiber bow? Looking at Hoyt, the carbon bow is anywhere from .5 to 1 lb lighter than an aluminum bow. Why would you pay an additional $500 for .5 lb? This seems insane to me. Do they shoot better or are they more quiet? I've never shot one so I'm curious.

And don't forget that most will add heavy stabilizers on the carbon bow in order to make it more stable on the hold which also makes it almost as heavy or heavier then an aluminum bow. That's just my opinion, of course and has no bearing on what others may think.

Back