2024 Blacktail bucks

NWBLKTAIL

Lil-Rokslider
This is my first harvest of any kind in terms of big game. Started hunting last year after a life of fishing,but wanting to hunt since early Childhood. Did a ton of research (including on here) and pestered my two buddies who hunt a lot with question even during off season. Bought myself a rifle and gear. Lots of glassing and hiking and learning. Just seeing animals and sign and the country makes my day. I love the hunt. Especially in the coast range.

The goal was a forked horn or better for my first blacktail so when I glassed this guy up in a steep bottom between a thin stand of trees, I didn’t hesitate to set my pack up on a stump and fling a bullet at him. What an absolute incredible moment. I’ve started late (30 years old) but I think
Ive Lost a lot of my salmon fishing days in the fall from now on. Thanks to my goody buddy who went way out of his way to come help
With my first time cutting up and packing out, as well as getting photos.

View attachment 782989
Careful, blacktail are addicting. It is a slippery slope once you get a taste. Congrats

Seen at least a forky the past 6 days, but nothing that I am willing to quit hunting with

Had a 3pt tempt me a couple days ago, but was hoping I could find him again with my wife

Found the biggest track of the season today in a pretty obscure spot I have never hunted (got fogged out today so just turned it into a scouting mission) and it looked like i just missed him running some does around

It would be an easier pack than I’m used to as well 😏

repins05

WKR
This is my first harvest of any kind in terms of big game. Started hunting last year after a life of fishing,but wanting to hunt since early Childhood. Did a ton of research (including on here) and pestered my two buddies who hunt a lot with question even during off season. Bought myself a rifle and gear. Lots of glassing and hiking and learning. Just seeing animals and sign and the country makes my day. I love the hunt. Especially in the coast range.

The goal was a forked horn or better for my first blacktail so when I glassed this guy up in a steep bottom between a thin stand of trees, I didn’t hesitate to set my pack up on a stump and fling a bullet at him. What an absolute incredible moment. I’ve started late (30 years old) but I think
Ive Lost a lot of my salmon fishing days in the fall from now on. Thanks to my goody buddy who went way out of his way to come help
With my first time cutting up and packing out, as well as getting photos.

View attachment 782989
Good job! Glad to hear you are a self starter and followed through with it.