2022 Bird Season(s) Pics

jmez

WKR
Short walk with my son
128722820f009f212b6f8cb67384265a.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
Catching fur means they’re “versatile” right?
I was laughing so hard when he showed up with that ground squirrel. About an hour later one of his fur points led me up to a high spot that eventually was the reason I saw a wolverine and went on a merry chase even higher in the snowy cliffs until it pulled a Houdini on me. 10/10 would do again

OP
Holmes

Holmes

Lil-Rokslider
Holmes.....Mind sharing what camera you're using? Your photos are incredible!
Thanks, I really appreciate that!

Most of the recent shots are with a Canon R5 and a 24-105 f/4 L lens. But, some are with an iPhone. Shots in the 2021 thread were with a Sony A6600 with a 24-105 f/4 G lens, and with an iPhone.

I think one big difference might be that I use Lightroom to color correct, adjust levels and contrast, crop and straighten. Digital cameras do not deal well with blaze orange, or colorful foliage, or the big swings in contrast of a grouse woods shot with dappled light. The programs are set to bring everything back to "normal". For instance, every digital camera tries to turn snow to 18% neutral gray. That works well in most situations to automatically set white balance, but snow is actually white, or often very blue when it reflects the sky. So, I correct that in post processing. And foliage can really be that red, and hats really are that blaze orange, etc.