2022 Best Whitetail Hunt Photo Contest, Sponsored by First Lite

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
470abfaa3aadd76e5ca6f6558d200367.jpg

Western OK. Been in a serious slump since 2018. Shot over this guy on Sunday, 11/13/22, with my bow while tucked up next to a tiny cedar tree when he was chasing a hot doe. Saw the arrow appear to graze his back, but couldn’t be sure. Clean miss is all I knew. Fast forward to Saturday, 11/19/22, for rifle opener. He was running a couple small doe groups around and proceeded to work a scrape. Shot him with his head in the branches overhead. Lo and behold, he has the hair sliced off of his back. Officially out of my “rut”. Back to archery.

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Napoleon.jpg

I have chased whitetails in West Virginia my entire life, always searching for a true monarch of a buck for this area and I finally found one this year. I waited all year for the right conditions and made a surgically accurate hunt and kill my very first time pursuing this deer on November 14th. He is the biggest buck I have ever seen in this state, and the only typical 12 point I have ever seen in person. Cloud 9 doesn't even begin to describe the way I'm feeling.

BigWoods

WKR
20221118_165441.jpg
I filled my NH rifle tag on November 18th on the second day of good tracking snow.

I was working back to the car after an otherwise uneventful (and at points frustrating) day around 2:30 after l lost a smaller buck track I was on. As I still hunting across a beech ridge, I looked up to see a buck and the doe he was tending at 40 yards or so. Right as I saw them, they began to run and I missed him twice on the move. After followed their tracks a half mile or so, I deciding to go pick up my buddy and let the deer settle down. Got back on their track about 3:45 and caught sight of the doe right about 4:25. Couldn't see the buck so I, but I knew he wasn't leaving here side, so I began to methodically study the area through my binoculars. Finally saw him with to minutes of legal light left about 100yds out, 30 yards to the right of the doe. I somehow missed the first shot, but to my surprise, he didn't move. 2nd shot connected with top of heart and lungs, leading him to pile up after about 60yds. Icing on the cake is it was only 130yd drag to the road.

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
On our annual 10 day Whitetail hunt in northern Alberta and had this beautiful guy show up on the morning of the 2nd day. Much too early(!) in the hunt but couldn't turn down this unique mature deer. 6x5 with 2 drop tines on his right side.
Crashed through the timber after the shot, ripping his nose pad practically in half and damaging his eye. Only made it 40 yards but plowed through everything in his path!IMG_20221113_102857166_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
SCBuck2022.jpg

Thanksgiving morning in South Carolina on my new farm I bought this year. Got one pic of him on 09/15 , then he disappeared. Showed up again on 11/18. 25 yard shot with my Bowtech just after daylight. Watched him drop.

Last edited: