2019 Arizona live archery hunt

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
It is absolutely freezing here right now! Snow and ice with a little wind. My heater ran out of propane last night so it was a frosty nights sleep. Woke up to frozen solid boots. We put our boots in the truck with the heater on for a half hour to defrost so we could put them on. We are ready to go now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Glassing this morning and nothing yet. We’ll have to stay glassing in this spot until at least noon to let some of this snow melt. Super crunchy and lound when walking

Captains log January 2, 2019 0837 I think jimmy might be trying to kill me. Last night the heater "ran out of propane". I think I saw a smirk as he set up his canvas cutter sleep system, which I'm sure added at least 10 deg to his night. I'm a fighter though and won't give up up that easy though. I've got four kids to get home to for christ sake! Jimmy is going to have to try harder if he want to take me out. Stay tuned to see what he comes up with next. My guess is poison any bets?!

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a unicorn buck ,single spike like 13 inches long, walk underneath us at 60 yards. I texted my wife and she said the kids want me to bring home the unicorn buck haha. We've got a few days left so we will see, I hate to disappoint them.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
I was freezing my arse off so we moved to another location. Had 2 coues does at 52 yards but no buck with them. Would’ve been nice. Still looking

Turns out jimmy isn't so tough without his canvas cutter. He was shivering so bad I thought he was having seizures. He had this desperate look in his eyes that made me feel like if said I was going to light him on fire he would be ok with it. So with only the unicorn buck and a couple does we decided to move over the top of a couple ridges and get on the backside of where those javelina disappeared.
0f124fea62e0b8263b5b6dd1620beb17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We are our own best heat source. I’ve hiked in big circles just to say warm enough to glass or still hunt

Good luck today

Does it count as one bag if we zip two bags together?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It might not in this socially correct culture we live in today, but if you do that, you're mind will judge you quicker than a preacher in a bad mood.
lol
Go to town and get some propane man, just get some propane.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
Not much for updates today. Not seeing anything. One of those days so far. At another good glassing point right now so maybe we’ll turn something up.

OP
Slim Jim

Slim Jim

WKR
After the afternoon glass I told Billy that I was going to go the long way back to camp still hunting the backside of a far canyon. I bumped the herd with the decent 3x3 back close to where Billy was. They are feeding on a side hill and he’s going to try and come over on top. Hope he can get it done in this crunchy snow. I had a nice 90” coues at 130 yards but no way to get closer so I tried using the decoy and come straight at him slowly but the crunchy snow just wasn’t very finesse haha. Funny how their tail seems to wave bye bye as they trot off.

Cant believe it is almost 7:00 AZ time and no comments yet?
You guys sleeping in?
Propane run out again?
Jimmy Poison you?
You guys snowed in?
Was there a mud slide?
Bad Mtn House reaction?

C'mon man....We need a report every 15 minutes.
lol

Hoping today is a prosperous day in the desert.