2017 Bowtech Flagship bows

ontarget7

WKR
Looking forward to putting a in depth review together on these in the very near future. Will have some video versions done for 2017 as well.

4b8dbc514f801fcc945621a848dc5971.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Love bowtech technology but they won't get my money until they fix their limb issues. CPXL was my favorite bow of all time.

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good. Love bowtech technology but they won't get my money until they fix their limb issues. CPXL was my favorite bow of all time.

No doubt. I had two limb failures on my btx 31. Wasted a lot of time on that bow. It shot great though.

Ontarget, do you know if the limb design or materials have been changed?? The info you put out there is awesome by the way!!!

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
No doubt. I had two limb failures on my btx 31. Wasted a lot of time on that bow. It shot great though.

Ontarget, do you know if the limb design or materials have been changed?? The info you put out there is awesome by the way!!!

Yea, the BTX is definitely sweet. I got cold feet myself due to a few guys I know personally that had limb issues. Ended up taking my Elite on my backcountry hunt. Now I'm going full circle back to a BTX 28 since I missed it so much. They just have so much performance, all while maintaining forgiveness. My long range groups with the BTX seemed to come so effortlessly.

I'm pretty comfortable where Bowtech's at right now. They are making huge changes for the better. The 28 I bought if any issues arise will be swapped out for the new limbs they are making in house for the 2017 line.

Making limbs is not new to Bowtech. Their limbs are a 2 part process one half made by Bowtech and the other made by Gordon Glass.
They have taken the bull by the horns and moved everything in house to insure quality is taken care of.
Some key people have been selected to make changes for the better and I honestly feel they are taking care of business.

They just shoot to good to not have them in my arsenal of bows. Look forward to the direction Bowtech is headed, now and in the future.

robie

WKR
I curious do you guys feel much of a difference from year to year with these bows?

If you feel a difference is it an improvement or just different?

I'm not a bow nerd, in that I will keep my Bowtech Experience until it breaks or until they make a step change in technology with bows. I really appreciate the guys who have to buy a new one ever year, I love a good deal on a 1 year old bow!

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
You see refinement differences from year to year. Whether that is balance, stiffer risers, cam efficiency, specs, camo options may change etc. Some of these changes can give you a better edge with how they hold on target.
All depends on what your looking for. We all blow money on things we have a passion for. Aside from God and family, it's my only passion so I enjoy the new releases every year.

robie

WKR
You see refinement differences from year to year. Whether that is balance, stiffer risers, cam efficiency, specs, camo options may change etc. Some of these changes can give you a better edge with how they hold on target.
All depends on what your looking for. We all blow money on things we have a passion for. Aside from God and family, it's my only passion so I enjoy the new releases every year.

I not knocking you by any means, I've got plenty of vices that take my money, bows just aren't one of them.

It seems they've peaked on the IBO chasing game. So now they are focusing on what you mentioned? I'm curious how that has impacted sales vs when it was another 5 to 10 IBO for the latest bow.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
I not knocking you by any means, I've got plenty of vices that take my money, bows just aren't one of them.

It seems they've peaked on the IBO chasing game. So now they are focusing on what you mentioned? I'm curious how that has impacted sales vs when it was another 5 to 10 IBO for the latest bow.

Didn't take it as knocking at all

Sales have been high for archery in general and I feel it will continue to gain popularity. They have become fast and very forgiving to shoot but I don't see huge leaps in speed with the platforms we see today.

robie

WKR

Sales have been high for archery in general and I feel it will continue to gain popularity. They have become fast and very forgiving to shoot but I don't see huge leaps in speed with the platforms we see today.

I'm curious for the day when you have 400fps bow that is fun to shoot.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Don't care who you are, that is some funny stuff

I can assure you, it will be getting the job done in big fashion

There's guys out there that will buy these that I have the utmost respect for, they're the ones that will head out hunting for the day and not constantly be wondering if the R7 in their hands is going to blow up before the S7 in their pocket.

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
Yea, the BTX is definitely sweet. I got cold feet myself due to a few guys I know personally that had limb issues. Ended up taking my Elite on my backcountry hunt. Now I'm going full circle back to a BTX 28 since I missed it so much. They just have so much performance, all while maintaining forgiveness. My long range groups with the BTX seemed to come so effortlessly.

I'm pretty comfortable where Bowtech's at right now. They are making huge changes for the better. The 28 I bought if any issues arise will be swapped out for the new limbs they are making in house for the 2017 line.

Making limbs is not new to Bowtech. Their limbs are a 2 part process one half made by Bowtech and the other made by Gordon Glass.
They have taken the bull by the horns and moved everything in house to insure quality is taken care of.
Some key people have been selected to make changes for the better and I honestly feel they are taking care of business.

They just shoot to good to not have them in my arsenal of bows. Look forward to the direction Bowtech is headed, now and in the future.

Significant changes are definitely needed. Hopefully they get their stuff together. I picked up a Elite as well. Impulse 34...reliable and shoots great. Look forward to your review on the new line up! Cheers.

Shane those limbs in your photo look ALOT like Gordan glass. If they are, bowtech will be selling ALOT of bows this year and especially next.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Shane those limbs in your photo look ALOT like Gordan glass. If they are, bowtech will be selling ALOT of bows this year and especially next.

They have used Gordon Glass for years

All limbs are manufactured in house now. Better quality and consistency

They have used Gordon Glass for years

All limbs are manufactured in house now. Better quality and consistency

Their carbon core and previous limbs were Gordan glass?? They have layers and They look nothing like the limbs on my prime or my xpedition which are also Gordan glass. I find that hard to believe.

You can't kolorfuse Hoyt or bowtech limbs because they were laminated together I thought?

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Their carbon core and previous limbs were Gordan glass?? They have layers and They look nothing like the limbs on my prime or my xpedition which are also Gordan glass. I find that hard to believe.

You can't kolorfuse Hoyt or bowtech limbs because they were laminated together I thought?

Well you can believe it
It's a two part process. Half their limbs were made by Gordon Glass and the other half in house.

They have changed everything in house to insure quality and consistency is better than ever.

Smart move in the right direction

Well you can believe it
It's a two part process. Half their limbs were made by Gordon Glass and the other half in house.

They have changed everything in house to insure quality and consistency is better than ever.

Smart move in the right direction

Let's hope... not a lot of other companies having issues with Gordan glass limbs..