2014 Arizona Semi-Live Hunt with Bowuntr and RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, 2014 is here and that means bowhunting mule deer and coues deer in Arizona. Bowuntr (Ed F.) and I will be making the trip from Northern California and Southern California on saturday the 4th. We will have 10 days to try and find a couple of deer to put an arrow through. I will be leaving my place at about 4am on saturday to get to Ed's by noon. From there, consolidation of gear and vehicles and off for another 8 hour drive. We should hopefully pull into our area at about 10pm.

This is not our typical back country hunt in a Wilderness area, but nonetheless, it is hunting. We will be using quads to access areas we have hunted in the past to try and locate deer. Once located, we usually try and get the wind right, plan an extensive stalk, get close and then have the fickle high desert wind swirl and blow the deer out. Even with more of those types of stalks, we continue to go back, because it is hunting. It only takes one stalk to make it happen. If time permits, we may drive back to the nearest big town to purchase left over Javelina tags, but we have both killed them before and they are a harvest of opportunity.

We will try and post up several times a day as we have good cell service in the area generally, but can't make any promises. We will include pictures when we can and try and make it an easy read.

Until saturday.....

TEmbry

WKR
Can't wait to follow this one. Been once before, and should be able to return next winter. Super fun hunt for sure!

J Gilbert

FNG
Looking forward to following along, good luck and safe travels to everyone making the trip

SDHNTR

WKR
Oh Geez. There wont be any donuts left in S. AZ once these two get there.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it begins, on my way to Bowuntr's. Hopefully get there by noon....

u9ebenyh.jpg