20 years ago - Advice to your younger self

CorbLand

WKR
From a greedy standpoint, I would beg, borrow, steal, max out the credit cards, and mortgage the farm/house/vehicles/realty, etc. to put everything into Apple stock.

Apple stock price - 8/13/03 was $0.3058 per share.
Apple stock price - 8/17/23 was $174.23 per share.
Dont forget about the 5 or so splits that have happened in there too.

TaperPin

WKR
Stop buying new rifles and rebarrel the ones you have.

. . . and don’t date the crazy ones!

-Don't worry about playing College Football: Wasn't fun anymore once there.
-Go to medical school and be an ortho surgeon or general surgeon. More respect and generally better pay
-Go out West in the Summers, missed a bunch of opportunities to do so

I DID buy 100 shares of Apple back in the Summer of 2010 around $94 per share.
Wish I hadn't sold as much Coca Cola stock 5 years ago. Kick in the pants with taxes (shares gifted older than Methusala therefore no basis listed). Better dividends

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
Save every dollar you make until you hear about bitcoin. Spend every single one of those dollars on bitcoin. A couple years of being broke and hungry will be well worth it.

Don't leave crumbs on the table. Be a great husband and father. Never put work in the wrong order. Take care of yourself mentally and physically. Don't say ever say "maybe next year". People with the richest life, don't necessarily have a large bank account. Find a career that you never dread doing. Be kind to people, especially when they don't expect it. Get in the woods as much as possible. It cleanses you mentally and physically!!

Pdzoller

WKR
Drugs, alcohol and nicotine are stupid. Learn a trade and save your money. Invest in your retirement. Spend more time with those you care for and show them how much they mean to you.