20 years ago - Advice to your younger self

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Offering myself advice for 20 years ago would be like offering myself advice for yesterday. I can remember entire days from 20+ years ago, from start to finish.......like they were yesterday. I don't think I'd change much from 20 years ago, but knowing the best exact buy and sell points in the market the last 20 years would have been nice.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Punch that sucker in the mouth instead of trying to talk your way out of bad situations.

Buy that land on the outskirts of Bozeman and just wait.

Don’t waste your life chasing baseball, move NW and be close to things you love.

Don’t get too involved in the dealings of adults, there is probably more to it than a 13 year old understands.

Love your family no matter what. You will regret it for the rest of your life if you waste time being a shitty teenager.

Last edited:

TheTone

WKR
Couple more for me:

Start going to the gym when you’re young and your metabolism is awesome

Start buying points anywhere and everywhere you can

Don’t hit that jump on your dirt bike and goof up your knees

Go look for deer and elk sheds in more places. I hate to think of what I would have found

From a greedy standpoint, I would beg, borrow, steal, max out the credit cards, and mortgage the farm/house/vehicles/realty, etc. to put everything into Apple stock.

Apple stock price - 8/13/03 was $0.3058 per share.
Apple stock price - 8/17/23 was $174.23 per share.

I have been retired from my long term job for 11 years so 20 years doesn't do much. I am located where I always wanted to be. So...

Have a short term plan and a long term plan. Adjust as life progresses. Don't get yourself financially in deeper than what is reasonable. Keep your housing affordable with the ability to expand as is needed and affordable.

Spend 15-20% of your hunting season exploring new ground to give you cushion for things that will happen.

Select a wife that will act as a partner in life with common interests, goals and expectations. You are entitled to a good wife, dog and horse once in your life. Choose wisely.

Stay flexible and adapt. Keep learning. You only need one or two friends you can depend on. Don't spread yourself too thin.

WKB

Lil-Rokslider
Bro, Britney isn't worth the angst or effort.

Neither is Jennifer.