20 Gauge Turkey Gun Set Ups

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Franchi Affinity 20 gauge Turkey this year and have had a TON of problems. The gun is the biggest POS I have ever owned. When it actually fires it shoots a nice pattern with Apex #9 and a Carslon .575 but I would go a little tighter if I was going to keep it. I'm going to upgrade to a Mossberg SA 20 Tactical Turkey.
I suppose every manufacturer makes a lemon occasionally but I have heard almost none from Franchi. Everyone I know loves them. What problems have you had? I don't think any Mossberg would be an upgrade in comparison to a Franchi.

BCD

WKR
I suppose every manufacturer makes a lemon occasionally but I have heard almost none from Franchi. Everyone I know loves them. What problems have you had? I don't think any Mossberg would be an upgrade in comparison to a Franchi.
There have been quite a few problems reported with Franchi on multiple websites. You can check old gobbler for starters. The FFL and I could hardly get the first one together as there is a defective forearm which Franchi was aware of and you will find info on if you search. Franchi had me send the first gun back and sent a replacement. The forearm was very difficult to get on that gun as well and took about 45 mins. Both guns had spots where the finish is peeling off. Fit and finish in general is rough and the Mossberg will be a huge upgrade here. The first time I shot the gun I fired I believe 14 shots using 3-4 different types of ammo. There was an issue with every single shot. Feeding, extraction, loading, failure to fire when pulling the trigger and hearing the famous "Benneli Click", etc. I asked Franchi for a refund and they refused but they replaced the forearm and I had to send it to their gunsmith. It is now better but still jams, is hard to load, and misfires at at times. It is the biggest POS for a firearm I have ever seen.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve got about the cheapest gun out there, but it’s put a bunch of birds down and had never failed me once. It’s a H&R Pardner pump, I think it’s a Carlson choke, an old Tasco tactical 3-9, and homemade rattle can Kryptek. It’s been a good little gun for turkeys. I’ve always shot Hevi Shot out of it and held pattern good out at 35-40yard. I’ve always shot turkeys up really close though.

63f14f9b1e9b40a5b71ffeeacfa92279.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
I bought a Franchi Affinity 20 gauge Turkey this year and have had a TON of problems. The gun is the biggest POS I have ever owned. When it actually fires it shoots a nice pattern with Apex #9 and a Carslon .575 but I would go a little tighter if I was going to keep it. I'm going to upgrade to a Mossberg SA 20 Tactical Turkey.
@BCD you mind reporting back on the SA20 when you get it. I’m between the affinity compact and the mossberg.

Understand your bad experience with it but many say the affinity is great. I like the price point on the mossberg so hoping you say it’s way better!!

I've got the Franchi Affinity 3 20 GA and have had no issues with it whatsoever. Mind you, I haven't killed a turkey with it but I'll attribute that entirely to human error. Interesting reading about these issues with Franchi as this is the first I'm hearing about them.