1998 Lexus lx470 with 30,000 miles

jimh406

WKR
You are getting the models confused. The GX wasn't available until early 2000's. The OP is getting an even better vehicle. I believe the 98 and 99 LX and LC are the only 100 series tripple locked as well.
I'm not getting the models confused although I did read GX when it was obviously written LX. ;)

Ralphie

WKR
I'm not getting the models confused although I did read GX when it was obviously written LX. ;)
“I believe the 98 and 99 LX and LC are the only 100 series tripple locked as well.”

I don’t think there were triple locked 100s LC. Mine is a 99 it has the rear locker which was an option. No front. I thought the 80s were the last to be triple locked and that was a option too.

I could easily be wrong. If so happy to hear it.

grfox92

WKR
Had this crazy deal pop up with this guy where he has a 1998 Lexus lx470 with 30,000 miles and no issues at all with it when it comes to paint, rust and mechanical. He is selling it for 14k. Always kept in garage and barely driven. Anyone know much about them to justify it being worth? Let me know thanks.
Look at the price of a plain Jane 1998 4runner with 350k miles.

Buy that Lexus before someone else does.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

7mm-08

WKR
You're essentially looking at a Toyota Land Cruiser with more plush interior features and different badging. If you don't think that's a good deal, spend a few minutes looking at those rigs on the Internet. You'll find them for more money with 200K miles.

Had this crazy deal pop up with this guy where he has a 1998 Lexus lx470 with 30,000 miles and no issues at all with it when it comes to paint, rust and mechanical. He is selling it for 14k. Always kept in garage and barely driven. Anyone know much about them to justify it being worth? Let me know thanks.
I’m calling the police, you are STEALING it!

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
You're essentially looking at a Toyota Land Cruiser with more plush interior features and different badging. If you don't think that's a good deal, spend a few minutes looking at those rigs on the Internet. You'll find them for more money with 200K miles.

Yeah I’ve never really payed much attention to the Lexus ones but I’ve always loved 80 series which are almost the same thing. I’ve been seeing them go for a crazy price the past couple years

Here’s a great resource if you’re serious about it.

And I would bet that vehicle- if it is in original, excellent condition- would sell for 3X that much on Bring-a-trailer.

The only thing I wouldn’t want that the Lexus might have vs. the Landcruiser is the adjustable hydraulic suspension. To me, it’s too big of a possible failure point on the trail.

But you can delete that and install traditional springs and shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
In case the OP has not been convinced yet, here are some prices of similar vehicles.
12f07ddae01a23fa77d39a4659d41194.jpg
d81ff1fc511fdfc2ee906c8b5c01860b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s a great resource if you’re serious about it.

And I would bet that vehicle- if it is in original, excellent condition- would sell for 3X that much on Bring-a-trailer.

The only thing I wouldn’t want that the Lexus might have vs. the Landcruiser is the adjustable hydraulic suspension. To me, it’s too big of a possible failure point on the trail.

But you can delete that and install traditional springs and shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks you for the info. Been doing some more research about them and that’s what I’ve heard.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I had a 1997 Lx450 and sold it for $14k 5 years ago with 295k miles. That is an extremely capable vehicle and more so if it has factory diff lockers. I had 35" buckshot maxxis mudders and it was a bad ass hunting rig. With those low of miles and if it is in great condition, it's worth double. Hawaii is probably a tougher market. I wouldn't think twice about that deal and it'll run forever. It's a Lexus branded 80 series Landcruiser. Most everything on it except the trim is Toyota.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
You are getting the models confused. The GX wasn't available until early 2000's. The OP is getting an even better vehicle. I believe the 98 and 99 LX and LC are the only 100 series tripple locked as well.
These are based off the 80 series land cruisers. The GX470 and later 460 are completely different and aren’t Land Cruiser based. They’re more like 4Runners.