106 TAP for hunting?

Benchrest

FNG
hopefully they stay on sale. id like to test them before i buy any more. i plan to test as soon as i get them in. I may buy more depending on how they shoot.

years ago midway had the 7mm 180eldm on sale like this, i bought 500, wish i would've bought more of those.

Last edited:

khuber84

WKR
I'm curious on the base to ogive dimensions. Once someone get some in hand, can you compare some different heavy 6mm bullets? I'm spinning up a shorter barrel 6cm and am thinking of going 120 freebore to mainly run 105hyb, 100tgk, or these if they're short enough.

Benchrest

FNG
Let’s see some on paper! I want to know how they fly. Mine are supposed to be here Saturday, hopefully I’ll get to sling some on Sunday.

eoperator

WKR
Let’s see some on paper! I want to know how they fly. Mine are supposed to be here Saturday, hopefully I’ll get to sling some on Sunday.
^this
I measured a few tonite they are not as consistent as new eldm but not terrible either.
Ogive length varied + - .003
Weight varied 105.5- 106.35g

Hornady would not give up much info on them, only saying "similar to108eldm" and "I'm not sure if they are held to the same consistency standard as eldm".

I will plant some in the dirt tomorrow, see how they fly.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
^this
I measured a few tonite they are not as consistent as new eldm but not terrible either.
Ogive length varied + - .003
Weight varied 105.5- 106.35g

Hornady would not give up much info on them, only saying "similar to108eldm" and "I'm not sure if they are held to the same consistency standard as eldm".

I will plant some in the dirt tomorrow, see how they fly.
I am going to try loading some tomorrow and rip paper on Saturday morning.

@Wrench same for me.

Juan_ID

WKR
My 1k just showed up today. They're the best LOOKING seconds I've seen. I will measure some when I can.
So if they look good measure good and weigh good, they gotta shoot good right?? I’ve seen bigger spreads than I’d expect on “non-second” bullets I’ve checked before granted they were weighed on my rcbs lite and measured with my $40 calipers 😂. Never has effected anything that I’ve noticed though.