Zero Drop Hunting Boot

BBob

WKR
My last ones got hung up in customs for about a week and took mby 10 days or so total? Last year it took less than a week, 4-5 days total? Vivo themselves did seem to get them out their door fairly quickly.

Hoodie

WKR
I just started wearing the Tracker ESC last week after deciding mesh Altras don't last long enough. Had to break them in a little to curb some heel rubbing, but now they wear great and the traction is a big step up from the original Tracker.

Mine were on Amazon Prime so they shipped quickly. First pair of original Trackers I had came from Europe and took quite awhile.

Yooper

WKR
Received my Tracker ESC's last week. Finally used them on a weighted pack hike last night. Not going to lie, they're different considering I'm coming from more of a mountaineering boot for similar work. But I do wear zero drop shoes (Altra LP's) on a daily basis so it's not like I'm starting fresh with zero drop footwear. Feeling every pebble under my foot was something that was foreign to me at the start, but by mid-hike I didn't really notice much anymore. Looking forward to putting some more miles on them.

Voyageur

WKR
@Yooper thanks for the report. Let us know how the minimal sole feels in rugged rocky terrain when you have weight on your back.

BBob

WKR
Update on my ESC soles:

Plenty of traction in what would be normal conditions we’d see hunting (dirt, soil, rock) on and off trail. Traction on dry polished and semi polished granite, not great but not the worst I’ve ever had. Traction on wet polished and semi polished granite, no bueno, these are definitely not climbing approach shoes. I still got around but obviously not as well as others wearing regular rock approach shoes with more appropriate rubber. Wet lichen, wet stream bed algae, again no bueno, I’ve had better. Nothing does well with those two but if the soles don’t stick well to the underlying rock then they are worse than some other soles. Regular textured rock wet or dry they were fine, I’ve had better and worse.

All of the above wearing a pack weighing ~35 or so lbs.

tsloniger

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a pair of the Tracker ESC this morning using Twalls code, thanks bro!!

Ive logged 50 miles on a pair of Altra lone peak all weather with a 52# pack over the past 3 weeks. They are great but I’m concerned with durability off trail. I’ll likely tote both pair with me this September.

I’ll report back with my review after I log some weighted pack miles with the Trackers.

sndmn11

WKR
I just got Nederlands tracking Tuesday for my July 5th order.

When these arrive I'll have three new pair of boots; Hanwag Alverstone, Hoffman explorer, and these. I got the former when I thought the Tracker order didn't go through but I think the three all cover different "needs".

sndmn11

WKR
The tracker ESCs came in. They are perfect other than the inner ankle/heel lock (the one with the roller ball in it) is right on my ankle bone.

Does anyone have this going on as well?

They also did not come with the leather treatment, I called and Rosie wasn't sure if they had in the past, but do not now.

BBob

WKR
The tracker ESCs came in. They are perfect other than the inner ankle/heel lock (the one with the roller ball in it) is right on my ankle bone.

Does anyone have this going on as well?

They also did not come with the leather treatment, I called and Rosie wasn't sure if they had in the past, but do not now.
It'll do that if you lace them too tight, don't lace them so tight. I use them fairly loose as I do the Gobi's. I did not get the leather stuff either.

BFreed59

FNG
It'll do that if you lace them too tight, don't lace them so tight. I use them fairly loose as I do the Gobi's. I did not get the leather stuff either.
I didn't get the leather treatment as well, just like you said if you loosen them up on the ankle a bit it doesn't press on the ankle bone as much. Only time so far that I wish I had tightened them a bit more is some steep downhill but other than that slightly loose feels great.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
Resurrecting this one to say I just got a pair of VivoBarefoot Tracker ESC’s. The new ones with the thicker lug sole from Michelin. They were a little heavier than I expected, but I’ve been wearing around the house and just out for some walks with the pup, and I got a feeling these are going to be my go to’s. As comfortable as my Lems or Minimils, but actually have traction unlike the Lems, and offer more protection from water than the minimils. I’m impressed initially with the quality, I love the fact the sole is sewn on, and everything feels really quality. That is one thing about my Lems that I didn’t like, they felt kind of cheap. They’ve held up ok, but they just felt cheap brand new. These VivoBarefoots don’t feel cheap. Looking forward to putting some mountain miles on them in the coming weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is the sizing? I'm normally a 10.5 EE wide. Vivo only has 10 or 11. Not sure what size to order.
How do you like them for carrying a pack off trail? Used my high top Altras last year for Colorado elk opener and liked them but they lack durability and my feet stayed wet.
Thanks,
Brian

sndmn11

WKR
How is the sizing? I'm normally a 10.5 EE wide. Vivo only has 10 or 11. Not sure what size to order.
How do you like them for carrying a pack off trail? Used my high top Altras last year for Colorado elk opener and liked them but they lack durability and my feet stayed wet.
Thanks,
Brian
I did several miles in mine off trail checking elk and bear cameras. They are rad.

I printed off the size thing from their website and ordered accordingly. I'm 11.5-12 and ordered a 12.

There's a 30% off code I used but can't remember what it was or where I found it. Something like vivopro with numbers.

sndmn11

WKR
I have been wearing these tracker ESCs quite a bit and it has been raining a lot in Colorado. I was in and out of mucky mud halfway up my gaiters most of the morning on Saturday, and walking through grass/brush/plants that were wet all day. My feetsies were dry and even better, weren't sweaty.

I am bummed I bought a paid of Hanwag Alverstones, Hoffman Explorers, and these, cause I now have three great fitting boots and someone has to get left behind now.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing these tracker ESCs quite a bit and it has been raining a lot in Colorado. I was in and out of mucky mud halfway up my gaiters most of the morning on Saturday, and walking through grass/brush/plants that were wet all day. My feetsies were dry and even better, weren't sweaty.

I am bummed I bought a paid of Hanwag Alverstones, Hoffman Explorers, and these, cause I now have three great fitting boots and someone has to get left behind now.
Are you just using leather waterproofing wax? If so, what brand?