Zenbivy

For you Zenbivy users I have a question. What temperature range do you usually camp in and what rating did you go with. Do the temp ratings seem to be accurate? Has anyone bought both a 10 and 25 degree quilt and swap back and forth based on temperatures? I typically hunt late October and early November. I already have a zero degree bag I am happy with but am planning on building a zenbivy system for my wife/kids for when they start coming with me. It sounds like the most comfortable system and I want there sleeping situation as pleasant as possible.

geriggs

WKR
If it’s for your kids or wife I would suggest the 10deg as they typically run cooler than men. I have the 10deg and ran it with a Nemo tensor pad and I thought its was great. The pillow stayed where it was supposed to and so did the quilt. Best sleep I got in the back country and temps got down to low 20s at night. Mid October southern Wyoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josiahv

FNG
I only have a 10 degree and I've been comfortable down to around there with my zenbivy. I have a larger size than I need to be able to add layers beneath. I'm not tempted to buy a 25 degree to save a little weight as the 10 has a very wide comfort range with the ability to open the quilt etc.

The problem you will have is that once you try the system, it's hard to want to use anything else.

Their new 10 degree UL offering definitely is pricier than other quilts out there but their UL 25 degree seems more reasonably priced and comparable to other manufacturers’ same offerings. And if you are okay with a few more ounces their Light models are below market price points. I’ve noticed Zenbivy seems to have frequent sales around 15-30% off that might help a bit. (automatic 10% off for joining their mailing list now).

I've only slept a few nights in my 10 degree and still learning to use quilts but got a little cold in the 30's with it. I usually sleep very warm on the same pad with a sleeping bag. I'm not used to quilts though and likely some user error involved. FWIW

b2one

WKR
I have both a 10 degree light quilt and a 25 degree light quilt. My coldest night this winter was 4 degrees F and was cozy in the 10 degree. Last week I was in the 25 degree with lows at night in the 50's. I ended up getting the 25 degree just for summer camping, 10 degree for the other 3 seasons. As mentioned before, they have some pretty good sales that made buying the second quilt pretty easy to talk myself into. I am using a Nemo Tensor Alpine sleeping pad with it.