Zeiss - Customer Service

sr80

WKR
3cq3Wgs.jpg

Pretty sure anyone with half a brain could figure out that these are beyond repair! :rolleyes:

JGRaider

WKR
Big 10-4 on Swarovski and their service. After an 8 month wait on a Zeiss spotter repair with no communication, and Leica's "stellar" CS making 3 different and failed attempts at servicing my 3200.com Geovids, they are both dead to me and will never again even consider one of their products. As far as "alphas" go, Swaro is a no brainer in every way.

Carson76

FNG
thats super annoying, one would think that because it has internal damage ( no way that you could of damaged it ) they would cover that. But ya i wont both with ziess ever again, i do own a swaro spotter as well
Yes it's almost comical at this point. I called them again today and tried to buy the replacement button that's missing so I could possibly have it fixed elsewhere and they won't sell you parts either. They definitely have no interest in helping. They won't repair it. For less then a new scope and no parts available unless I pay there fees. I will update my post after I get my scope back and send it to a private shop for inspection. I don't really want the scope at this point but it's to nice to throw in the dumpster just yet.

Carson76

FNG
Big 10-4 on Swarovski and their service. After an 8 month wait on a Zeiss spotter repair with no communication, and Leica's "stellar" CS making 3 different and failed attempts at servicing my 3200.com Geovids, they are both dead to me and will never again even consider one of their products. As far as "alphas" go, Swaro is a no brainer in every way.
Yes Swarovski customer service is outstanding. I purchased 2 of my spotting scopes 2nd hand and they service your products regardless no questions asked. Very reasonable or at no cost to you. I have no problem paying for damages or lenses within reason. I spoke to a gentleman this morning at a private repair shop so I'm going to give them a try at fixing my zeiss. I'm definitely not funding zeiss.

Shraggs

WKR
I’ve had 4 separate issues over the years. I’ve chronicled them here in the past so I’ll just summarize.

2 complete rifle scope failures. What a cluster took nearly 1.5 years to resolve

Sent victory binos in. Excellent repair and turn around.

Discovered a bug in ballistic software on rf binos. I was dismissed for 6 months until I got nasty, once this happened I received very good resolution, but cost me several hundred in overseas long distance charges as I talked thru with their programmers.

Pdzoller

WKR
I’ve heard bad things about CS from all the optics companies except Vortex. Honestly I think if a person can’t afford to get their multiple thousand dollar equipment fixed if they break then they are probably not hunting within their budget in the first place.

No offense meant to anyone and not saying this is the case with any previous replies to this thread. My thoughts, I’m sure a Ferrari is great up to the point where I have to fix or maintain it.

Carson76

FNG
I’ve had 4 separate issues over the years. I’ve chronicled them here in the past so I’ll just summarize.

2 complete rifle scope failures. What a cluster took nearly 1.5 years to resolve

Discovered a bug in ballistic software on rf binos. I was dismissed for 6 months until I got nasty, once this happened I received very good resolution, but cost me several hundred in overseas long distance charges as I talked thru with their programmers.
Sounds like if your zeiss product is within a 5yr time frame or fairly new they will probably take care of you. However anything very old is going to cost ya. They will offer you a small discount on something new and send you a large repair codt. That's really not my issue but they tell you they're products have a lifetime warranty on manufacture defects and won't sell parts or repair your products within a reasonable cost. My eyepiece will not release because the button is malfunctioning. There was nothing wrong with my scope except the eyepiece lock button was missing. I think it broke or fell off possibly removing cover who the hell knows how it happened. This is the estimate for just my eyepiece which looked new in my opinion. I sent an eyepiece to Swarovski at the same time that I left in my car I think it got hot and it had a dark bubble inside the eyepiece. Swarovski called me and informed me I had one lense scratched so they were charging $50 even for one new lense. They were rebuilding my eyepiece at no charge as they always due.
Zeiss however told me my eyepiece was basically junk and it would cost $558 for just the eyepiece and another $1411 for my scope. My eyepiece was in great condition and so was my scope. I have no idea how this scope could be completely ruined when it looks this good. Anyway I attached the quotes for both scopes and photos of them together so judge for yourself. I spoke to a private repair shop and he thought he could possibly rebuild my locking button for $225 and clean up my scope and check out my eyepiece so we will see how that goes when it arrives from Germany. I'm curious to get a 2nd opinion on my scopes condition and then I will update this post. I have never been on any of these types of forum to comment on shit like this but I think people should check this stuff out before spending this type of money. Swarovski is hands down superior customer service and products. I have sent in 3 pairs of binoculars and 2 scopes and all 5 of them together isn't close to one zeiss repair in cost. There is not even a bad scratch in my zeiss spotting scope but apparently the inside is completely destroyed according to germany. My Swarovski slc 10x42 binoculars are 20 yrs old or more and they charged my $175 to replace all 4 lenses and rearmour the outside. They came back like a brand new pair I was amazed at the quality in there repair service of binoculars that old. Anyway here is few photos of both my scopes and my repair quotes from zeiss and Swarovski. Trust me and buy Swarovski you won't be disappointed in the quality and Swarovski is outstanding at customer service.

eyepiece

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_055556_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_055556_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230330_055244_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_055244_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230330_054844_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_054844_Gallery.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230330_054840_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_054840_Gallery.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230330_060933_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_060933_Gallery.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230330_060849_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_060849_Gallery.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230330_060816_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_060816_Gallery.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230330_060838_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_060838_Gallery.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 20

Carson76

FNG
I’ve heard bad things about CS from all the optics companies except Vortex. Honestly I think if a person can’t afford to get their multiple thousand dollar equipment fixed if they break then they are probably not hunting within their budget in the first place.

No offense meant to anyone and not saying this is the case with any previous replies to this thread. My thoughts, I’m sure a Ferrari is great up to the point where I have to fix or maintain it.

Well I can promise you if your interested in the best optics and decide to spend the money on Swarovski they're customer service is outstanding. There repair cost on all there optics are reasonable. I had a pair of 12x50 el binoculars bounce down the road after being left on top of the car. They eyecups were both damaged badly and they had a nice size hole in the main body of them. I honestly didn't think they would fix them they were so bad and it was obviously not under warranty. Swarovski called me and said they were going to be pretty expensive but they could fix them. That repair was right around $700. I was very happy to hear they would even fix them and for $700 and how could I complain. Those binoculars cost over 3k and they repaired them for a fraction of the price.They showed up in a few weeks like brand new. I couldn't believe it. They are very expensive but if you decide to spend the money and zeiss or Swarovski is the choice. Swarovski is the only way to go.

Rambo85

FNG
Zeiss did me awesome on a scope that couldn’t zero on windage, they gave me a list of comparable to pick from and sent me the one I wanted it was newer and had lockable turrets

I have another Zeiss customer service to share since the last time i posted. My conquest spotting scope was bumped getting out of the vehicle and the little knob that you’d use to spin the eye piece to make it more comfortable for viewing broke off. We were barely inside the no fault 5 year policy and while the spotter was registered upon purchase, I had to dig up the purchase information again to send to them. I did and they no questions asked sent us a brand new unit.

Last year my husband and I went onto invest into a Swaro BTX with the 115mm objective and it’s like crazy different how much better it is than the Zeiss. That’s like comparing an apple to a T bone steak but i still can’t bring it to myself to sell the Zeiss quite yet. I’m team swaro now. All of my Zeiss products are out of warranty now probably won’t buy anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carson76

FNG
I have another Zeiss customer service to share since the last time i posted. My conquest spotting scope was bumped getting out of the vehicle and the little knob that you’d use to spin the eye piece to make it more comfortable for viewing broke off. We were barely inside the no fault 5 year policy and while the spotter was registered upon purchase, I had to dig up the purchase information again to send to them. I did and they no questions asked sent us a brand new unit.

Last year my husband and I went onto invest into a Swaro BTX with the 115mm objective and it’s like crazy different how much better it is than the Zeiss. That’s like comparing an apple to a T bone steak but i still can’t bring it to myself to sell the Zeiss quite yet. I’m team swaro now. All of my Zeiss products are out of warranty now probably won’t buy anymore.

I'm glad to hear they take care of some products I think they should at least offer affordable repairs or parts. As far as warranty and original purchaser information I can tell you Swarovski doesn't even ask. I purchased my binoculars and spotting scope used and have never had to register any receipts. They do charge occasionally for minor things like a scratched lense but it's at a completely reasonable fee. I tried buying the replacement release button for my zeiss scope so I could have it repaired and they wouldn't sell me parts either. It was $1411 just to fix my scope without the eyepiece so I decided to have it returned as is. I'm going to send it to a private repair company and see what they say and I will update my post. From what I was told I think they will repair it for under $300 but we will see. Regardless I will be selling my scope first chance I get

I’ve owned a ton of different optics. As with all mechanisms things can go sideways and need repair. When premium products fail and less than satisfied with service it really stings. I’ve personally had mostly good but a few poor experiences with each of the Big 3. Zeiss was the best overall, as when things were fixed they stayed fixed. They even rebuilt an old Dailyt for me for no charge after I sent it in for service due to a worn out hinge. However, I am disappointed with some of their eyecups being practically disposable. Until a few years ago Leica CS was terrible, but has noticeably improved in recent years. But IME folks here are vastly overselling Swarovski CS. My experience with SW CS has been mixed (extremely good or extremely bad). The one advantage they have is Swarovski NA is usually pretty fast. Had good experiences with their binoculars, but several disasters with riflescopes - when a Z5 scope fogged up on its maiden voyage to the range they gave me the 3rd degree about how I’d likely damaged it but finally gave-in and fixed it; later, when it suddenly would no longer hold zero they claimed I damaged it (had not been dropped or remounted - just lost zero) and charged me $hundreds to fix it; then, that same scope again lost zero (done throwing good money after bad). Never had this much trouble with any other scope.
BTW - there are a number of other reports both here on Rokslide and elsewhere noting issues with Swarovski Scopes and lack of enduring repairs. A simple search will turn some up.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear they take care of some products I think they should at least offer affordable repairs or parts. As far as warranty and original purchaser information I can tell you Swarovski doesn't even ask. I purchased my binoculars and spotting scope used and have never had to register any receipts. They do charge occasionally for minor things like a scratched lense but it's at a completely reasonable fee. I tried buying the replacement release button for my zeiss scope so I could have it repaired and they wouldn't sell me parts either. It was $1411 just to fix my scope without the eyepiece so I decided to have it returned as is. I'm going to send it to a private repair company and see what they say and I will update my post. From what I was told I think they will repair it for under $300 but we will see. Regardless I will be selling my scope first chance I get

Good to know about Swaro! I will be buying more of their products in the future would love to add a scope to the arsenal