Your take on classified ad "price deleting".

Broomd

WKR
People post about scammers on here all the time. It’s brought up every time someone even mentions a WTB.
And yes in comparison to eBay, gunbroker, FB marketplace, and other gear/optics/tactical forums, rokslide is a tiny percentage of the market for private hunting gear sales. Not sure why that was offensive in context.
Ha! No worries, you mustn't know me very well. No offense taken at all, simple observation is all.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I suspect some delete their price because they under-priced an item and don't want to feel any discomfort in that after the fact.

This is probably close.

Or...

Stuff is going for market but the seller doesn't want to validate the price, so they hide it like it was a singularity and they "let it go".

We're supposed to be working on hunting better not running boutique store fronts. Most of this stuff is worth half of retail but only on Rokslide where people know what the items are. In the real world this stuff would be nearly free at a thrift shop.

I said this before, but maybe more bluntly this time. There is literally no upside for a seller to keep the price after he has cash in hand.

Even if the seller keeps the price, are we wanting sellers who accept a lower offer via PM to update the ad to the actual price the item sold for?

The point is...there is always going to be a fog. I myself don't get too caught up with pricing, I list stuff and try to be in the middle to middle low for price and just get the shit sold. And I generally don't even respond to lower PM offers. It's not worth my time to chase another 5% or 10%.

Even with all the historical data on here, I see Tikka stocks listed between $50 and $150 all the time. That is a huge variation. My advice, get your stuff sold, and go outside and have fun!

I used some prices from listings to negotiate on an item last week so I see he benefit. I have deleted a few postings recently but usually do leave them up.

I do see why one would delete the price if they priced low for a quick sale. I may be willing to let something go cheap due to whatever reason and I wouldnt want my sale to be used as a barometer for the same item posted by another member.

I also agree with Dos, what I sold something for is really no ones business and leaving the info up has no benefit to the seller.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I do my absolute best to change the prefix to “sold”. I always leave my ads intact as a “do unto others” type thing. I use other ads for same/similar items as one of my tools to set a fair price.

Lawnboi

WKR
I delete my prices. It’s not uncommon for me to sell something below regular market value to get it gone now and free up some funds. I don’t need what I took for a get it gone now price to be used against another seller down the road. So I delete them. I put more value in not dicking around with buyers and listing what I have at a price I know it will move.

Beyond that many times a final price is determined via PM where that info left up would be of no use to another seller or buyer.

Broomd

WKR
That’s where you are wrong. I do have an interest in this thread. That’s why I posted.

My interest is posted in the post you quoted.

Classifieds are really one of the only reasons I have stuck around the last couple years. If those went away, I wouldn’t have a reason and you all would miss me. I would hate for that to happen.
C'mon man, you have the stock traders thread to feast and profit on.....

Rich M

WKR
I vote for deleting the ads completely.

Not too worried about folks buying/selling stuff. The whole mentality has changed since the internet and craigslist. You list something, folks start haggling without even seeing it. They are usually buying it to sell so trying to get the price even lower... You guys can have it. Buy low, sell high.