Your gear upgrades/changes/additions for 2024

Built a 7 SAUM and added a davis wall tent.
Everything else remains the same.
Time to start working out to drop about 20 pounds.

If you don't mind me asking. I have a nemo backpacking sleeping bag that is ridiculously lightweight and comfortable and got it for $200. Why are those hunting brand sleeping bags so damn expensive?
There is a review or 2 here you can search for that goes over the SG bags. It may give you some info to help you understand the features of the bags and you can decide if its worth the money to you. As with most things you get small improvements as the price goes up.

Well, ordered the Inreach Mini 2 from Cabelas. Now I'm thinking the next thing maybe binos, and this fall will hopefully be a new bag.

Now if i ended up building a new gun, everything may change. 😂

Picked up some Zamberlan boots. Gonna try a 3 liter bladder instead of a 2 liter and a couple bottles. Still trying to figure out a glove set up so I bought a couple pairs to try. Mostly trying to upgrade me.

Switched rifles from a X-Bolt Hells Canyon in 270 to a Seekins PH2 in 6.5 PRC

Finally upgraded from Nikon rangefinder to a Vortex Razor 4000

Might make a few more changes before season but that's all for now

Probably half my gear is getting switched/upgraded. I am gear junkie and enjoy playing with new toys. There I said it.

PSE Stealth-Mach34
All new stabs, quiver, sight etc
Riptko- ripxv
Sevr-grim reaper/g5
Old worn out scarpas- scarpa zodiac gtx
Old sig1250-sig 4k
Sitka-Kuiu
Slc-Nl 10’s
K4 3600-k4 crib and some pockets with a lid

My hunting situation has changed drastically. Used to hunt WA state but will be going to Maui 2/3x a year moving forward for axis, boar and Billy’s (family has land).

Looking very seriously at a ZenBivy…
Been thinking of getting one of their setups too. They have a 25% off Memorial Day sale going on now. I been looking at the 10 deg convertible light quilt and fast sheet paired with an x therm pad I’ll hunt 2nd rifle in Colorado this year. What one have you been looking at?

My suppressor got out of jail in January, so that’s new this year. Built an ultralight rifle at 3lb 11oz scoped. Waiting on my argali stove to be shipped out. Everything else is this same.

Southern whitetail:

Going shorter and smaller on my rifle - 18" 6CM w/ DD wolfhunter
Swapping to a mil scope
New RIP TKO 250s for bowhunting
Ditching my badlands packs for a 2200 K4
Picked up some Gen 2 Kilo 10ks

Thinking about trying a saddle but worried because the cartridge I'm shooting is technically a creedmoor and I don't want people to think I'm gay.

My suppressor got out of jail in January, so that’s new this year. Built an ultralight rifle at 3lb 11oz scoped. Waiting on my argali stove to be shipped out. Everything else is this same.
Oh man, that is seriously light!
I have scopes over two pounds!

@grfox92

I grew tired of the pocket and zipper layout. That frame handles weight really well though.
Same reason I got rid of my EXO and went back to a SG. I actually went to a Terminus because I hate screwing around with a bunch of pockets and zippers. I think they both handle weight the same so it’s really just about bag preference.

Got a seek redcliff
Getting a new big Agnes sleeping pad
Gotta get a new pair of crispis. Mine are old and dilapidated.
Other than that hoping to upgrade to larger antlers lol

Would love to hear more about that rifle. Thanks. -Rufus

New strings and cables for my compound.

I'm looking to find the ultimate archery rangefinder. The Leupold Full Draw 5 was delivered today. Maybe it will be the one.

Been thinking of getting one of their setups too. They have a 25% off Memorial Day sale going on now. I been looking at the 10 deg convertible light quilt and fast sheet paired with an x therm pad I’ll hunt 2nd rifle in Colorado this year. What one have you been looking at?
Was looking at the 10 deg light quilt, or maybe Ultralight.. with a 10 deg Light Sheet. I have an insulated Sea to Summit pad that I like which looks very similar to the ZB Ultralight Mattress. My only complaint about it is I tend to fall off of it during the night--which I am hoping the ZB system will solve.

I typically hunt, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd rifle in CO also... and it can get pretty cold! I also find as I age that I don't stay as warm at night as I used to.

Back