Your favorite print *hunting* magazine?

used to do Petersons and sometimes Eastmans, used to pick up the fur fish game and another like that I am trying to recall, good mags.

Used to sub to Grays and periodicals like that...sometimes consider retiring to the upper midwest for the grouse hunting :) I remember 30 bird days with my rough hunting setter and those memories are fond. I love Elk stalking though so I am torn.

stdeb11

FNG
Field Ethos... honestly one of the few magazines I've read cover to cover in a long time. Some well written stories and nice pictures. Not just focused on hunting tho

Still enjoy thumbing thru Bugle as well

Most magazines aren't very interesting to me anymore. It's verified everytime I sit down at a dealership or dentist office for a short time and pickup one of the coffee table mags and start browsing. "XYZ is reviewing the new EFG from ABC and guess what, it's great... no cons" seems to be every "honest" review these days. When not reading about that it's purely ads....

that said I do very much appreciate and enjoy grays sporting journal. There's still plenty of ads but much of the writing is by customers sending in stories and articles. Almost every issue has something that makes me glad I continue to subscribe.

I'm also on enough screens in other avenues of my life and try my best to limit screen time when not working. I strongly prefer a tangible paper product in front of me when I read be it books, Bible, newspaper or magazines....

OP
Lou (Louis)
Most magazines aren't very interesting to me anymore. It's verified everytime I sit down at a dealership or dentist office for a short time and pickup one of the coffee table mags and start browsing. "XYZ is reviewing the new EFG from ABC and guess what, it's great... no cons" seems to be every "honest" review these days. When not reading about that it's purely ads....

that said I do very much appreciate and enjoy grays sporting journal. There's still plenty of ads but much of the writing is by customers sending in stories and articles. Almost every issue has something that makes me glad I continue to subscribe.

I'm also on enough screens in other avenues of my life and try my best to limit screen time when not working. I strongly prefer a tangible paper product in front of me when I read be it books, Bible, newspaper or magazines....
A question: how does Gray’s work? Are there “focus” issues ( the Fishing Issue the Varmint Issue, for example) or is it a mix every month?

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Used to love Trapper and Predator Caller. Been a long time since I’ve seen one of those. Bugle and FFG for me

A question: how does Gray’s work? Are there “focus” issues ( the Fishing Issue the Varmint Issue, for example) or is it a mix every month?
There’s some of that, they have a big game issue, upland, maybe waterfowl (can’t remember) fly fishing and used to have an outfitter issue but I can’t recall seeing that for a year or two. The other 8 or 9 mos are typically general with sometimes season specific focus (ie last issue had some spring turkey stuff). Even the focused issues still have some general content also.

OP
Lou (Louis)
There’s some of that, they have a big game issue, upland, maybe waterfowl (can’t remember) fly fishing and used to have an outfitter issue but I can’t recall seeing that for a year or two. The other 8 or 9 mos are typically general with sometimes season specific focus (ie last issue had some spring turkey stuff). Even the focused issues still have some general content also.
Thank you, sir!