Your favorite hunting knife?

marc357

FNG
My wife brought home the puukko on the bottom from a trip to Finland. It's a handy little knife, and has become my favorite tool for field dressing and skinning.

She actually brought home 2 of them, but one got lost somewhere. I ordered another for her with the blue from the same place, it was like 42 bucks I think. Thought it was the same size but it's a tad bigger. We both prefer the smaller one, but I'm not gonna get into a knife fight with her over it.

Attachments

• 20240902_133511.jpg
    20240902_133511.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 35

Cheddar

FNG
If I could only take one it would be the Benchmade Steep Country. I own two of the original versions but either model will do you just fine. S30V steel holds a great edge and the knife works great for camp chores or making kindling if need be. I haven't run into any problems breaking down animals with the steep country. I picked up the Benchmade Puukko a few months back after it was discontinued and want to take it into the field this season for hunting. It's made more as a bushcraft knife but looks like a nice all purpose blade for hunting and being in the backcountry.
hard to imagine people still buy bitchmade after knowing they're anti 2a

On her way home from NC my wife decided to surprise me with a winkler blue ridge hunter from their shop. It’s pretty awesome

tpicou it’s hard to beat those winkler knives. I received the same knife from my son a couple years ago we live in the town where his store and warehouse are. Really good quality knives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
hard to imagine people still buy bitchmade after knowing they're anti 2a
For loaning the local PD an angle grinder or sawzall (whatever it was) that they needed to cut up guns that had been confiscated or surrendered?

Or is there more that I haven’t seen?

Cheddar

FNG
For loaning the local PD an angle grinder or sawzall (whatever it was) that they needed to cut up guns that had been confiscated or surrendered?

Or is there more that I haven’t seen?
when that happened people became suspicious of them and started snooping around. It was found out that bitchmade and a lot of their employees went out of their way to donate money exclusively to democrats who have strong anti 2a stances not just in Oregon but in other states as well.

I like newer brands and custom as much as the next guy but… Buck 113 gets it done just fine

Attachments

• IMG_0239.png
    IMG_0239.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 8

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
I’m basically a northeast whitetail hunter.
I’ve been making my own knives for about 11 years now.
I’m a grinder, and don’t forge my knives. Meaning I buy stock and cut out, and grind my blades to shape.

I personally like a 3” (give or take 1/2”) drop point blade for my purposes.
I’ve tried several styles and sizes but the shorter drop point is my favorite.

This is the knife I’m hunting with this year.
IMG_5972.jpeg

The Kershaw Folding Field knife is the best hunting knife I’ve ever owned. It’s a good size, holds a superb edge, and is very rugged. Used properly, it can easily break the pelvic arch on even the largest whitetails. The relatively heavy brass pommel provides a good surface for pushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk