Your favorite hunting knife?

Underandoverit

Lil-Rokslider

Morakniv Kansbol. Ugly but holds a great edge through a entire elk and is easy to touch up once home. I've had a bunch of expensive knives that are just a pain to sharpen.​

Reactions: OMF

NDGuy

WKR

NNK-Hokie

FNG
My EDC is a Buck 110 folding pocketknife. For processing in the field, I like the Outdoor Edge knives for the replaceable blades.

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to Outdoor Edge about 10 years ago now and never looked back. I have yet to have any issues skinning and breaking down an animal as long as I hit the joints accurately. Plus, blaze orange is a lot easier to find when you drop or misplace it. For me, traditional fixed blades are obsolete for field butchery. Caping is a different story…

Revoa4

FNG
Love my Benchmade Meatcarver. A little on the big side but its come in handy on big game.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
if you had to chose one knife to take hunting with you what would it be? Or do you take several? I’ve always used the outdoor edge replacement blade type knives but they don’t have much backbone. Any recommendations?
Tyto replaceable blade and whatever pocket knife I'm carryng that week. Lately it has been a Spyderco PM2.

fwafwow

WKR
^ sadly Gene is no longer making knives; check Charles May for a substitute- still a long wait though
Yeah. I found ND’s prior post on the same recommendation. I’ve already jotted out a list of TEN knives Charles makes…. and noticed he misspelled “guarantee” but I don’t care because his guarantee is so simple and straightforward.

I (still) have serious problems.

NDGuy

WKR
Yeah. I found ND’s prior post on the same recommendation. I’ve already jotted out a list of TEN knives Charles makes…. and noticed he misspelled “guarantee” but I don’t care because his guarantee is so simple and straightforward.

I (still) have serious problems.
Feel free to PM if you have questions.

Also Gene is “semi” retired. He still drops knives occasionally on an email list.