You receive more than you ordered POLL

If you receive more than you order, you do what?

• I send back the extra box of bullets for $8 and include a note of what happened

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sndmn11

WKR
I have asked some people about their course of action for this scenario, and I have been surprised by the responses from some people. I am not looking for advice, but am intrigued since I got some unexpected answers and want to hear what you might do.

I ordered three boxes of Bergers from a store within my state that some might call a "small business". Their E-comm game is not strong, so orders are done over the phone, but this showed up in a day.

I received four boxes of bullets, the emailed receipt shows three were paid for and my bank ledger shows the same.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I had a similar situation recently. I ordered a sling from Midway. After almost 2 weeks without tracking updates, we assumed UPS had lost the package. Midway sent another and a few days later both slings were delivered by UPS. I called and they sent a shipping label to have one returned. The return label was USPS, not UPS.

Last edited:

bozeman

WKR
I got 2 kifaru knives a few years ago when I only ordered one. Called them and told them and they emailed me a return shipping label...........I didnt pay for it, so why would I just keep it???

I always call the business to ask how they would like to proceed when this happens.

In one notable instance, Midway USA sent me an extra box or two of ammo. Not only did they ask me to send back live ammunition (one must presume to be sold again), they asked me to do so on my own dime. I couldn't imagine running a business and asking a customer to pay for my mistake, let alone undertaking that sort of risk.

I would feel obligated to call and see how they want to handle it. If it were something I wanted more of, I would offer to keep it and pay for the extra. If I didn't want extra, I would offer to ship it back on the seller's dime. If I were the seller, I would thank you for letting me know and tell you to keep the extra at no charge...then go have a talk with my shipping manager.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered a daypack from Badlands. They sent the daypack and a larger, more expensive pack. I called them…..they thanked me for calling and pointing out the mistake then told me to keep both.

Jethro

WKR
I have contacted businesses where a mistake has benefited me and ask them what they want to do. I wouldn’t spend money to correct their error though.

Admittedly last month I just considered myself lucky when after 1.5 years of the same auto ship from Keurig an extra box was sent. I wasn’t willing to make an effort for a box of K cups.

WKR
Can you return bullets?

I know you can't return ammunition.

That may affect my response.

WKR
Yes they are just a lump of metal.
I'm guessing you aren't familiar with how attorneys can twist and distort liability cases to find fault?

I would offer to pay for the extra box, requesting a discounted rate, but wouldn't send them back.

CorbLand

WKR
Call them to see what they want me to do.

Damn you mom for raising me with morals.

@sndmn11 you should have heard some of the responses I got when I found a pair of binos.

gtriple

WKR
Call them to see what they want me to do.

Damn you mom for raising me with morals.

@sndmn11 you should have heard some of the responses I got when I found a pair of binos.
Same thing happened to me this year. I got dropped off for a bear hunt by a jet boat. And within 5 minutes of us landing we found both the bino harnesses from the last hunting pair. Inside were Leica geovids x2.

We returned them to the jet boat people when they picked us up to return them to the hunters. I'd never steal from another hunter. Especially ones willing to go where I go.