You might be a backpack hunting obsessed Rokslider if....

JoshTX

WKR

You look at every meal you eat in a restaurant and wonder "This is tasty. Wonder if I could dehydrate it and reheat in a ziplock?"

You set your new shelter up in the FRONT yard.

You actually try to convince your wife that it makes sense to try out that new WM bag in the bed. All night. And the next morning you still try to play it off like it's cool.

All of your kids have woobies.

The neighbors hear you practicing elk bugling in the garage.

At the end of the season, the family makes a weekend of eating only what's in the backcountry food box.

You'll spend $180 on a pair of walking sticks.

Spending $100 to save an ounce sounds reasonable

You buy 550 cord by the spool

You can go "commando" or not.. either way it's cool.

You are fed up with crystal light packets

Your sleeping bag is 6-12 inches longer than you are so you can stuff sh*t in the foot box.

Your neighbors are fed up with you shooting your bow from the middle of the street so you can get to 60 yards.

You are not above taking a few extra honey packets from Whataburger

You like to spend your vacation being miserable, the whole time knowing that either way, you'll be back next year.

Your friends and family know that it is debatable whether or not you'll be available for a function from Sept-Jan.

Last edited:

Your friends and family know that it is debatable whether or not you'll be available for a function from Sept-Jan.

ammendment: your friends and family know it is not debatable... you will not be available for a function aug-nov

Buster

WKR
We actually managed to get my wife's cousin to move their wedding day from the first week in september to late August (just 3 months before the date).

Your non-hunting wife knows the difference between Max-1, Max-4 and AP and she knows which one you'll be wearing depending on the season. :cool:

PA 5-0

WKR
I was almost arrested when I was 16yo when I was launching arrows from my neighbors driveway, across the street and down my driveway. 70yds. My Dad was bent but laughed when he had to leave work to retrieve my bow and I from the station. Classic.

ethan

WKR
You make the comment that your wife and kid's birthdays are in the "off" season, as well as your anniversary because of hunting season, and everyone laughs.....except you...cause your serious....

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
You make the comment that your wife and kid's birthdays are in the "off" season, as well as your anniversary because of hunting season, and everyone laughs.....except you...cause your serious....

This is no joke. Hunting seasons definitely bear influence on pregnancy planning in my family.

Your non-hunting wife knows all the names of all the hunters from all the hunting shows you've watched and can tell if it's a re-run just from the sounds even when she isn't in the room.

You convinced your sister to reschedule her wedding date out of the September elk rut so that you can hunt Utah and Oregon all month... Otherwise her two brothers would not be present for her wedding. :)

And I thought I was bad...I did make sure my little brother knew that if his wedding was in archery season I was a no-go. June seems like the best time of year for a wedding anyways!