Yeti Gobox, or similar?

Any of y'all use something like this at basecamp? Not just Yeti, but something sturdier/more waterproof than the Action Packers and Plano lockers. I'm hard on stuff, and prone to leaving it outside/in the truck bed.

I have a bunch of Miluwakee Packout boxes, there's one I've tried several times to use as a gearbox for camping, but it never seems to be quite big enough to justify the weight/bulk.

What I'm looking for is something to help keep stuff (cups, coffee stuff, snacks, lights, a whiskey bottle, etc) organized and out of the elements, use as a small table, etc. We tend to spend a lot of time outside at camp.

1) Coho Pack and Carry Box at costco for 50$
I now own 6 (I have a problem) look at my small write up here: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/cheap-stuff-that-works.158667/page-65

2) Home Depot Husky Professional Totes
-I currently own 4 flats, 2 of the small, and one of the deep. I use the deep in place of a yeti 45 on my boat for storage and seating. The flats stack great with hunting and camping gear, and 2 smalls fit on top with accessories

I love my gobox, but When I can get 5 of the coho at the same price it’s hard to justify

Last edited:

Trr15

WKR
I really like the GoBox. I’ve got 3. I use 1 as my car camping kitchen and keep hunting gear in the other 2 (one is dedicated to archery equipment). Pricey, but I got them 25% off and they’re way better in terms of build quality and organization than the Home Depot totes I’d been using.

OP
displacedtexan
1) Coho Pack and Carry Box at costco for 50$
I now own 6 (I have a problem) look at my small write up here: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/cheap-stuff-that-works.158667/page-65

2) Home Depot Husky Professional Totes
-I currently own 4 flats, 2 of the small, and one of the deep. I use the deep in place of a yeti 45 on my boat for storage and seating. The flats stack great with hunting and camping gear, and 2 smalls fit on top with accessories

I love my gobox, but When I can get 5 of the coho at the same price it’s hard to justify
Awesome, thanks for that tip. Those Costco boxes may be exactly what I was looking for! I'll have to have a buddy pick me one up!

Those clear lid Husky totes?

Awesome, thanks for that tip. Those Costco boxes may be exactly what I was looking for! I'll have to have a buddy pick me one up!

Those clear lid Husky totes?
Yes, the clear lid husky totes. Better for bulk storage. Still no one makes a “perfect” box, but that and the coho are the best I’ve seen for for the price.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to the OP, very fitting as I’ve been looking for a good storage box that is a bit more heavy duty. Had not seen those coho boxes and will have to check them out.

Really interested in a gobox 60, about perfect for what I had in mind. Others I’ve looked at are the Zarges/Alubox aluminum cases, Pelican overland boxes, and NRS boulder/canyon totes. It’s hard to find a box that is smooth on the inside, hinged lid, and a decent drop in tray. That’s what is drawing me to the yeti.

Roam maybe one of the best in the market. They aren’t cheap but they have lots of size options and features to choose from.

I went the inexpensive route and bought 5 of the very large 2 wheeled totes from Tractor Supply and Home Depot. Don’t remember the brands but they have been indestructible for 10+ years now. If and when they need to be replaced I’ll buy a Roam.

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, Lowes and others sell these plastic totes that are clear and have a foam seal in the lid. They aren't the most durable but they have given me 5 years of service living in the bed of my truck or in our little offroad utility trailer. May not be water proof but never had water get in them just driving or sitting in rain.

I also use these ammo crate things. https://mtmcase-gard.com/products/m...ox-890-army-green?_pos=8&_sid=6ca711859&_ss=r

they come in 3 or 4 sizes. Very sturdy, water resistant etc. I love them so much because they are cheap and they stack very well. I use them for our camp pots and oans and dishes. The stupid "ammo crate" stickers peel right off.

They are kind of pricy but After two years using mine I am happy with it. It holds a lot of my smaller items I use or might use. the tray on top really holds most of that smaller stuff I would have scatter all over my truck. I carry my binos , ammo and rifle cleaning kits in there. Easy to customize for each hunt but much just stays in there. I see they have a bigger one out now. It might be too heavy for me so if I grow out of this one I would probably just by another one the size I have now. One thing mine didnt come with was a shoulder strap or a good handle to carry it. I rigged one up. In used to use a ten gallon brute bin with individualized kits in zippered pouches. It worked but the load out box works better for me. I still use the pouches but they are in the loadout box. Still use the brute totes for other things. The yeti loadout isnt a must have but if you got a little money burning a hole in your pocket it is a quality addition to your setup.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I love my Yeti GoBoxes, the are very versatile and rugged.

Just happened to be at Costco walking around at lunch today and came across the Coho mentioned above:

IMG_8026.jpeg

TN2shot07

WKR
I’ll give the go box another vote, I’ve been using it in the truck for the past 2-3 seasons and it still looks like new. I was replacing totes every year. That Costco box looks like it might be a good option for the price

I’ve been considering adding one of the larger go boxes to my collection

ODB

WKR
see if you can find one of the Hardigg TL500 military cases on Craigslist or ebay. Those things are great

I used to buy anvil cases on Craigslist when I lived near Seattle. Musicians or gear folks are always turning them over when equipment changes since the vast majority are made/foamed for specific gear. I just strip out the foam, replace it with a layer of cardboard and viola. They are tough, but of course not waterproof.

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
Plano Sportsman trunks are garbage.

I’ve moved to the Rigid XL Toolbox. Believe it has the same footprint as the Go Box and Coho but it is deeper which was a perk for me. I have one for all of my recovery gear and roadside toolkit in the bed of my truck and one that houses my cooking kit/first aid/tool kit for when I go on day floats on my raft.

So far I’m really impressed and it’s hard to beat the price.

Rigid Tool Box

tracker12

WKR
I got the Yeti on a pro deal and it has worked out great. Carries all my essentials plus glass. Keeps it protected well and sits next to my cot in camp.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Here’s some organization you can do with the smallest Yeti. I wanted a bullet proof, waterproof, and floating mobile Old Fashioned station for my kayak or wherever else. I’ve added some foam to the bottom since the pics. Perfection.

IMG_7791.jpeg

IMG_7790.jpeg

IMG_7789.jpeg