XLR Element For Hunting and Competition

Hondo1

FNG
12.5 with folder. The folding adapter will add 1.375 to LOP. I'm the same size as you and have 12.5 with folder, as well as 13.5 with no folder. You can always add butt stock spacers if you need additional length.
Thanks I appreciate it

Reactions: XLR

Cavan

FNG
fcd83436eb04358f02b04f7052858e50.jpg

I ordered some talon grip tape and installed it. Using it on a hunt next week but really like the fee. I hope it keeps the cold off of the hands.
d9e66cc3f792e40f94e15bea1a2b38d9.jpg

1a5eb1c7f6ec9af8bb162d400d8274ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any feedback on this? Are you still able to mount it to a tripod where the tape is installed?

ID_Matt

WKR
How are they for making noise to the touch? I saw a review video and you could hear every time his hand would touch the chassis. I don’t compete so this would be primarily a hunting rig and shooting in the off season.
I have never considered that sort of noise being a factor so I've never noticed it. It doesn't make any sort of noise when touching it that i notice. Definitely nothing compared to chambering a round or flipping up scope caps.

Reactions: XLR

Hondo1

FNG
How are they for making noise to the touch? I saw a review video and you could hear every time his hand would touch the chassis. I don’t compete so this would be primarily a hunting rig and shooting in the off season.
Just got mine and it definitely accentuates the sound of bolt manipulation and trigger pull. Doesn’t make any just from touching it though.

JustinD

FNG
I’d really like to see a flush magazine for long actions like the one they partnered with Hawkins to make for short actions. I’m paranoid I’d drop one of the larger magazines busting brush. And issues with this? That and the cold are my main hang ups. I’m interested to hear back on if the tape worked to insulate at all.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I’d really like to see a flush magazine for long actions like the one they partnered with Hawkins to make for short actions. I’m paranoid I’d drop one of the larger magazines busting brush. And issues with this? That and the cold are my main hang ups. I’m interested to hear back on if the tape worked to insulate at all.
I've never dropped a magazine with any rifle while hunting. The older magazine release could make that possible for some people, but the new one is flush, so it would be really hard to drop the mag by accident.

Shorter mags would be nice for noise and clearance for sure. Once @Unknown Munitions catches up on a few other projects they're working on, I am hoping they will make a three-round flush magazine. But first, they need to build the direct mount Tikka rings!

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If anything the slightly bigger mags will help keep the new mag latch protected while going through the brush. With the old latch it was concerning but with the new design its not a concern at all!